Chapter 25: I am The Prime

-Derek-

Son of a bitch. That son of a bitch! That infuriating human scum! How the fuck did he think he was? Touching Derek's consort?! Derek felt the shadows swirl around him, embracing him. That weak little human was proving to be a bigger annoyance then Derek originally thought.

Sure, Salem and Ian had been dating, but Derek and Salem were consorts. And they've been trained to be since childhood. Derek knew she felt the pull between them; Derek had not imagined the glimmer in her eyes that night by the lake. He knew she was giving into him, and he felt the brush of her powers against his.

Seeing her with Ian, it sent him into a rage. Why would she throw away what they were forming? What compiled her to do that? Surely, she would have known how he would react - in anger.

Unless perhaps she was trying to make him jealous... Trying to force his hand. He had been waiting to make his move on her, but he wanted to be considerate to her.

Derek's smile was dark and sinister in the dark as he watched Ian's car pull up to Salem's house. But maybe that was not what she wanted. She wanted action, not patience. And action he would give her.

-Salem-

My heart pounded with nerves and I couldn't seem to sit still. What would he say? What did he had to say about us? Would he say he loved me again? Would he say it was truly over between us? What did I want him to say? I bit my bottom lip nervously as Ian drove. I tried my hardest to not steal glances at him, but I couldn't help it. Its been two months since I've been this close to him. Two months. Two months without his heat, his skin against mine, his lips on mine, his voice in my ears.

We pulled up in front of my house. We decided it was best to talk there, away from prying ears. I didn't know what to say, what to think. Ian remained silent and so did I. We stood outside his Jeep and listened to the quiet.

"I don't know what to say." I muttered slowly.

"I know what I want to hear." Ian muttered back.

"And what's that?" I swallowed when Ian looked at me intensely.

"I want to hear you say you want me. That you miss me just as much as I miss you, that you need me like I need you." Ian reached up and gently brushed a knuckle over my jaw.

"I do, Ian. I miss you everyday, and you're all I ever wanted and needed." I said sincerely.

"But?"

I looked down and hugged myself. My heart was torn; I wanted him so much I felt it in my bones. But what I am could kill him.

"But I could kill you."

Ian frowned deeply and shook his head. Like that was exactly the opposite of what he wanted to hear and it was. I bit my lip harshly and hugged myself tighter.

"Didn't you hear me before, Salem?" Ian cupped my cheek. "I know what you are and I know what I am."

I blinked up at him, absorbing his words. But apparently, I wasn't quick enough for him.

"Did you think my family would all be witches and not I? Only my... Father was human, but every other person is magical." Ian frowned, "I never knew. They all lied to me."

Ian... a warlock? I knew his aunts were witches and his cousins were warlocks, but Ian? I never once felt that from him. This shook my world up.

"Your grandfather visited me." Ian continued, "He explained to me what was... wrong with me. Why I never showed any sign."

My heart pounded. Did he not realize what he said would make or break us? Did he not realize the power his words had over me? His green eyes were angry as he looked off, and the wind swayed his soft curls.