twenty one

I've been at home for a few days now and me and my mom have been doing some shopping for the baby. Since I found out the gender I've been excited to have my own mini me. I was about to go for a walk around the block when I saw Oscar pull up to the front of my house. "Hey where were you going?" he questioned. "I'm going for a stroll, you can come if you want" I made my way off the porch to the footpath. He made an after you gesture. I sighed "I've been so lazy lately I just want to try to exercise". He laughed, "should be fine for you to be lazy, you are carrying another human inside you". "Well my doctor says I should do some kind of exercise just to stay somewhat active" I looked down to the floor with my hand on my stomach, "luckily my time at the club did me well". He shook his head as he chuckled. "I think I want to go to LA before I give birth" I told him, "I just feel like doing something a little more adventurous before I'm stuck with a crying baby 24/7, what do you think?". "I can drive us" he suggested, "a nice family road trip". "We could go to the desert as well, I haven't been since before my dad left", I was imagining what I'd look like now. The dry sand and the rocky mountains, a long drive with gas station snacks. "Is that a date then?" he questioned. I laughed, "relax there sir". We walked in silence for a bit before we were reaching my place again. "What are you doing tonight?" I asked him. "Nothing, even if I was I'll clear it for you anytime". "Well only if you're not busy" I exaggerated, "I feel like eating tacos til I fall asleep". "Well you know I do it best" he wrapped his arm around me, pressing his lips against my temple. We said goodbye then I went inside while he went to the store. I wasn't comfortable walking around locally like the grocery store just yet. I'd decided that I would go to Oscar's and let everybody know what is going on with the baby. I made my way over by myself and was greeted by Ceaser out the front with two other boys. Ceaser was telling me how excited he was about being an uncle. When I went inside I said hi to two girls that used to work at the club. Everybody was congratulating me. I made my way to the kitchen where there stood Oscar frying tortillas with a grin on his face. "Hey babe" he greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. I couldnt help it, pregnant cravings were real and I started eating some guac with the tortilla chips on the bench. "Hey I got something for you I'll be right back" he went off to his room and brought back a bag. I pulled out what was inside and it was a plus bear dressed up like him with a grey shirt, black shorts and long socks, I couldn't help it but to laugh. I thanked him before giving him a kiss on the cheek then he he announced that it was time to eat. When dinner was done and everybody left it was just me and Oscar in the lounge room talking. "Any leftovers I'm taking home on god" i joked making him laugh. "I should start charging you at this point" he smirked. "It's worth charging I'll be honest but you owe me for knocking me up puto" I said rubbing my belly. We were in silence watching the TV when I spoke up, "I think I've picked a name and I want you to be okay with it". He asked me what I was thinking, "I really want to name her cash". He looked at me a little funny, "really?". "It's just I really did love him and I hate myself for not being there for him when everything went down" I started to get emotional, "I really do like the name and it's just something I want". My tears got heavier the more I talked about how important it was to me. He embraced me in a hug making me feel safe, "if that's what you want then that's what we'll do".