Rise Up

Walking into the infirmary, Toni saw Alec sitting on one of the beds and a bald guy drawing a rune on Alec's shoulder.

"Guess I am better than you, I did take him down after all." Toni playfully gloated and walked over to him.

Alec sighed in defeat, "No, Hodge took him down, you just helped a little."

Toni heard a gasp and looked over at the bald man who looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"You look exactly like–"

"Celine." Toni cut him off finishing his sentence.

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted a shadowhunter, "Magnus Bane is here.

He nodded before following him out and Alec looked over at Toni with a flabbergasted look as he stood up, "What was that about?"

Toni shrugged not knowing why no one would talk about Celine.

They followed Robert into Ops center and saw Magnus using his magic.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?" Robert asked.

Magnus made a face before moving a few feet to the side and used his magic again, "Even my magic has limits. The wards won't hold off that Forsaken attack. But my protections will slow them down."

Robert sighed, "Extra time is priceless."

"No... say that after you get my bill." Magnus informed.

Robert sighed in frustration, "Lydia will take care of that." He said as he walked away.

"A Forsaken wound often needs a little warlock TLC. May I? Uh, free of charge." Magnus reached out for Alec but he stepped back.

Toni frowned at how awkward Alec was acting, something was off about him.

"It's okay. I'm fine." Alec awkwardly answered.

Not being able to bare it anymore Toni excused herself and looked around the room, sighing in defeat when she saw the only person she knew was Izzy. Sucking a deep breath in, she went down the stairs and over to the desk Izzy was sitting at, as she made her shake over to the raven haired girl she saw a tall man with long hair who was carrying a staff.

"Who is handsome with long hair, pointy ears and is carrying a long stick?" Toni curiously asked.

Izzy looked up with a confused and annoyed look before getting a look of realization, she frantically stood up and walked over to the man in question, Toni closely following.

"Meliorn? What are you doing here?"

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference." Meliorn simply stated.

Izzy gave him a hug(a hug that was not reciprocated) "I'm so happy to see you."

"Spare me." He pulled away from the hug, which surprised Toni, "Your fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again."

Izzy looked hurt, "My family..."

He cut her off, "Despises Downworlders? That's common knowledge."

"That's not true. And even if it were, I'm not like that." Izzy defensively said causing Toni to roll her eyes knowing that the first part of her statement wasn't true.

"I'm not here to talk about us," he said before looking over at Toni, "I don't believe we've met."

The look of jealously on Isabelle's face cause Toni to smirk in amusement, "I'm Toni."

He grabbed her hand, bringing it up to his mouth and gently kissed her hand, which infuriated Izzy even more, "Pleasure to meet you," simultaneously his smile faded and he let go of her hand while looking past the girls, "I believe that's your Clave envoy."