The Move

Kat's P.O.V

"I Can't believe you're leaving." Lauren pouts as I finish packing up the rest of my things for my move to L.A.

"I don't understand why you're so upset Lo? I lived in London for 18 years and only moved out here for College and I'm three years younger than you so I was in Michigan for three years before I moved in with you here." I point out.

"Because, Kathryn Andrea Louise Lopez, you are my cousin who I have lived with for three years and now you're leaving me for L.A. Richter and Brosenthal." She smirks and I shake my head at her.

"I love you Lo." I say as I give her a prolonged hug, we decided it'd be much better if we say goodbye at the apartment and Joe would pick me up and drive both Richter and I to the airport.  We pull away and both of us wipe the tears from our cheeks hastily as my phone vibrates with a text from Joey saying that him and Joe are here. I grab my things and bid Lauren a final goodbye before rushing downstairs to Joe's extremely old car.

"You aren't leaving before saying goodbye to your bestie are you?" Brian says and I grin. 

"Of course not! I'm gonna miss you Brian." I tell him as he wraps me in one of his familiar comforting hugs. Instead of saying anything in reply he just hugs me tightly and places a kiss on the top of my head.

"Text me when you get to your new home. I love you Kit Kat." He tells me as he wipes my tears away softly.

"I will. I love you too B-Hol." I reply and we quickly hug again before he turns around and heads up to Lo's apartment.

"C'mere" Joey says as he opens his arms and I walk into them graciously excpeting his hug.

"Thanks Joey." I mumble as we pull away.

"Anytime short stuff." He tells me before I take a deep breath and turn to Walker smirking.

"Joe, you had this thing in college." I say as him and Joey help me get all my stuff in the car.

"And I'm keeping it until it is no longer safe for the road." He states matter of factly and Joey snorts.

"You should have gotten rid of it three years ago then Walker." Joey winks before telling me to sit in the front, I smile greatfully at him as he knows I hate sitting in the back of cars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After our flight Joey, being uncharataristically gentlemanly, carried my bags, and his to the awaiting taxi.

"You alright Kat, you seem really quiet." He says as we stow our bags away, most of my belongings already shipped over and picked up by Brosenthal.

"hmm, yeah no I'm fine." I tell him and he shakes his head at me.

"It's Darren isn't it?" He asks knowing that after Darren and I broke up we spent less and less time with each other out of a professional setting making the times we do hang out extremely awkward.

"Yeah. I don't know, I'm probably worrying about nothing. Also you know, missing everyone. Especially Lo and Brolden, I'll be fine though." I tell him, and just like in Chicago, he embraces me in a hug. I sink into his chest, I could get used to this, I think before mentally slapping myself, my crush on Joey is old news and those feelings will NOT return, not this time