Not Alone

I became paralyzed, I wanted to run but my legs were glued on the floor. That zombie-like creature growled one more time and getting ready to leap.it was like I forgot to breathe,  I stared at him jumping on me without a blink but before he could reach me ahaan came all of the sudden and dragged him back down to the floor with a heavy thud. He moaned in pain, his other zombie friend's growled in anger and got ready to fight but when ahaan looked at them with anger in his eyes. they all back stepped like they were fearing to ahaan. gradually they vanished somewhere in the dark.

"Aahhh...."I gasped in relief.

"Are you okay?" He asked in concern.

I nodded my head-"little shaken."

He heaved a deep sigh and pulled me towards him.

I hugged him back but this time tighter.

"I got a plan."He said breathlessly.

"I know,  but what is the plan?" I asked hurriedly by lifting my head off his chest.

"Dagger .here is a dagger, which can help us to get rid of mother and abaan."ahaan said.

"Dagger?rid?how?" I asked confusingly.

"With that dagger, I can kill them both. He replied.

"With the dagger?" I widen my eyes.

"This is not any normal dagger, it is a magical dagger,  made with the bone of our ancestors.  they are the only ones who had the power to make us or kill us," he explained.

My eyes got brighter.

"But they are your family? how could you kill them?" I asked emotionally.

"I can't let them kill other innocent people. They killed my father and I couldn't do anything, they are killing others and making them these zombies for fun, killing pure souls. I can't let them do this anymore" He said furiously.

"There was a pain in his eyes, pain for his father's dead."He said as if he wanted revenge for his father.

"So, where is the dagger?" I asked.

"Here, in this basement," he stated.

"Okay but here is where? "

"Somewhere," he said by looking around.

"What?  you don't know the exact place of it?" I grew disappointed

"I know, it is here somewhere, the dagger is somewhere here." his eyeballs still searching around while talking.

"Okay great. this basement seems huge, how could we go to find the dagger before they come and find us."I pouted.

He smiled amusingly.

"What? what? I hate that smile."I said mockingly.

Before I could mock him more he pulled me and gave me a gentle kiss on my lips.

I blushed.

"Let's go and find the dagger."ahaan held my hand and took me dark sides of the basement.

As we walked into the basement there were dim yellow lights everywhere but those lights were not enough to see properly, I was afraid of the creatures.

What if they came back and fight against us for Jannet and abaan.

Suddenly ahaan stopped and said pointing his finger towards something-"look at there. A plant. "

The plant was cultivated on a plant pot, the plant was beautiful, green, and fresh. something was very attractive to that plant.

I stared at it hypnotized.  the plant was like glowing on its own.

I reached for Ahaan's hand and shook it. how could it be so fresh and green, there is no sun or fresh air in this basement.

No reply.

I took my stare from that plant to ahaan .and what I found, Ahaan eyes got black again.
"Ahaan ahaan, "I called his name nervously by shaking his shoulders.

He looked at me and his eyes got normal again.

"What happened?" I asked.

He looked confused.

"Dagger...." he said.

"Dagger? you mean that plant has a dagger somewhere?" I questioned.

"Yes. I can't take that dagger from there. this plant is driving me crazy and making me greedy for all the powers this could give me. I am not strong enough to fight with my inner demons." he said helplessly.

"I will...I will go there and bring the dagger to you. "I showed my courage.

"I believe in you"- his fingers wrapped around my hand.

I smiled back.

I stepped towards the plant, before reaching there I turned back towards the ahaan to look at his cute face one more time but "It's not just us, "I said out loud, as an undead appeared on the backside of ahaan.