Stranger

I woke up when sunlight poured on my face. I felt very weak and cold. I rolled over in bed, wrapping myself with my hands. The hazy memories of last night crept into my mind.

"Aaban..." Suddenly I sat up in bed. I looked around me, I was in my bedroom. I tried to remember what had happened yesterday.

KISS!

Yesterday night I had my first kiss. I smiled shyly and touched my lips. My mind started recapping the whole kiss scene and I was smiling silently. All of a sudden I got anxious when I remembered what I felt between our kiss. It was like something had been stealing every single breath from me and I realized I fainted yesterday.

"Oh shit, what the hell, how could I faint on my first kiss!" I felt so embarrassed.

I looked for my phone and grabbed it from my bedside table. My fingers started hovering on the screen to find Abaan's number but soon I realized I hadn't asked him for his number yesterday.

"Good morning princess, where were you last night?" My aunt entered the room with her crooked, sneering smile. She was short but well built. In her red chiffon nightgown, she was looking so unpleasant and funny, her shapeless figure trying to pop out from the gown. Her hair was so messy, flying in every direction, looking like a bird's nest.

"Or should I ask, with whom were you?" she leaned towards me and asked with a frown.
Her face was so close to me that I could see visible signs of aging on her round flabby face. She had a hooked nose, which suited her because of her witchy character. I was looking at her like a rabbit.

I  was staring at her but my mind was wandering, wondering how Abaan brought me into my bedroom.

"I asked you something, Dhani!" she shouted angrily.
I looked at her, blinking several times, and stammered - "I...I... am working the over...time shift these days. Last night when I arrived...at... at home it was too late, you all were already asleep. So, I... didn't disturb you."

She crinkled corners of her eyes at me and after a while interrogated - "Is today your day off?"

I looked at her calmly but my mind was battling whether I should tell her or not that I had a day off today, because if I tell her then she would never let me go out.

She gawked at me and asked - "What?" She folded her arms in front of her chest and walking towards the door, she ordered - "If yes then get up fast and come downstairs. You have lots of work to do."

"Noo..." I screamed out loud, jumping from my bed.

She turned towards me and rose her bushy eyebrows. I cleared my throat and said - "I mean, as I told you, I am doing extra shifts so I have to go, otherwise, how will I pay your money?" She pouted, thinking, and stared at me for a while before leaving.

*             *         *            *          *         *          *

I was so happy and eager to meet with Abaan, I could not wait for tomorrow. That's why I decided to go near the cemetery where he said he lives.

I looked at myself in the mirror and was satisfied. I wore a beautiful white pencil dress with some colorful flowers on the hem. I set my hair into a  messy bun, applied mascara, and a little gloss on my lips. I admired myself in the mirror and wondered - "Why the hell am I putting so much effort into my looks?" I slightly hit myself on the forehead and smiled.

*       *      *       *        *      *       *      *       *       *

I  was walking through the forest alone, thinking about whether my decision to come here was right or not. Abaan told me that he lived near the cemetery but when I queried the locals, they told me that no one lived near the cemetery because it was haunted. But avoiding and ignoring them all, I decided to go there anyway and find Abaan.

It was eerily quiet there. I shuddered at every little noise. As I took a step closer to the cemetery, goosebumps ran quickly through my spine. My eyes were searching for Aaban but there was nothing except silence. I gulped hard when I pushed the rusted gate and stepped into the cemetery.

I looked around and only found old, dark, and carved gravestones, which made me feel terrified. I remembered what locals told me about this place - "Are you mad? No one goes there! That place is haunted. Stay away from there."

I turned back to run from there, and suddenly I heard someone's footsteps which made me jump. I turned my head gradually to the noise direction while muttering - "It is Abaan... It is Abaan."

When I looked behind me, however, no one was there, which gave me a cold shiver up my spine. Without anymore thinking I started running in the direction where I'd just come from. While running I realized someone was chasing me. I ran like hell hounds were at my heels.

Suddenly something blocked my way; I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a wolf springing at me with a gaping maw filled with sharp teeth dripping saliva. I opened my mouth to scream but no sound came out.

I heard more footsteps from other directions, I looked around me and found that two more wolves had appeared. I wanted to shout and run but I was afraid that one move would make me dead. I wasn't moving because I knew it was the end, my end. I closed my eyes and waited for my painful end.

Then I heard whimpering sounds coming from the wolves. I opened my eyes and saw that a guy was holding one wolf by his neck and that the other two were running from here. The guy looked sideways at me with his deadly black eyes, those eyes were fixed on me and his hand still holding the neck of the wolf.

He had very tall and lean but big structure, a rugged and very manly face. He had looked like a model. I was just staring at him because I was not understanding how a human could be so strong to defeat and terrify attacking wolves. He smirked like he heard my thoughts. He threw the whining wolf hard, which landed with a sharp scream, and ran away and disappeared somewhere in the bushes.

He moved towards me with a smirk and a spark in his eyes, which was fixed on me intently. The stranger was still moving with grace like a Bollywood romantic actor. I was a bit afraid of him because I was still confused about how any human does something like that. I stepped back with every step he took towards me. I crouched under the tree when he came close to me, leaning towards me.

With a searing look, he traced his fingers around my lips and on my face and whispered - "Finally."

Please hit the cute star button:)