Chapter 40 - Always and Forever

Two years later...

        I tried so hard, but I hadn’t yet gotten used to our new house. It was even bigger than the last one.

I looked at my son. The teeth had grown. He was sleeping so peacefully, so calmly, he looked like a little angel. My daughter didn’t, she was so agitated, and her blue eyes looked even bigger. Both of them knew a few words.

Klaus took her. He looked at his daughter with an enormous tenderness in his eyes. The hatred and anger seemed to have disappeared, and no trace of them was present when he was with me or the children. I sat beside him on the couch.

        “Caroline?”

        “Niklaus...” I took my daughter, who tried to come to my lap.

        “Do you remember when I told you about the bad part of being a vampire?”

        “Yes. I was impressed because of your speech, I'd never thought you thought so.”

        “I want to thank you for having given me everything that I thought I wouldn’t come to have. The family, the house that I no longer expected to get back in, and especially for having shown me the way to you.”

I put my daughter on the floor because she wanted to go away of my lap, her agitation was the same as mine when I feel 'stuck'. I let her go.

        “Klaus, so I also have to thank you. Since my childhood I’ve always wanted to be a mother, when you and I first start dating I knew that "forever" would be little for us. I started to tell myself that I could never have children. That didn’t affect me that much. When I found out I was pregnant, it was a shock because I had already discarded that idea, and, to aggravate, you were not with me at that moment. But thank you too because of the children, a huge mansion that I have never thought I would get used to, I appreciate the protection and friendship that your brothers give me, and the protection and care they give to Harry and Claire, thank you for the love you give them, thank you for the exchange of glances and smiles to them and the way your eyes light up when you do it. I appreciate the love you give me, the bed we share, the things we say and do. With this I just want to tell you that I love you so much.”

        “I love you too Caroline.” I began to see him take a box the size of my hand, from his pocket. A small blue velvet box, the same color as he had given me the bracelet I was wearing at that moment, it was just on a small size. “Caroline? Would you give me the honor of being my wife?” He knelt in front of me. My legs began to tremble and tears formed in my eyes.

        I knelt beside him and hugged his neck, kissed him deeply. “Niklaus, yes, I’ll give you the honor of marrying me.” We smiled and he put it in my ring finger.

 My daughter came to me again, she had that bright blue eyes staring at the diamond of my ring. My son woke and tried to ask for help to get out of the bed. Klaus stood up and grabbed him, approaching again to me.

So I knew that everything from there on would be different. Things would never be easy or difficult, but whatever the way they were, I knew we were going to be together to overcome them. I knew that our love would never die, I knew that we would always be together for better or for worse, that we would support mutually and all we had dreamed would become reality and that everything we wanted could be achieved.

        Jane was going to marry Elijah in a month. Rebekah continued looking for the right boy (she had the eternity to do it). My twin best friends were planing to come to live New Orleans, my best friends, Liam would come too because of his girlfriend. My mother continued in Charlotte, but she was thinking about doing the same - moving to New Orleans... 

        Everything was perfect.

        “I’ll always love you.” I said, he took the tear that rolled down my eyes.

        “Always and Forever.” He told me while he kissed me again.

*****Hey there! Oh My God.... i can't believe it's done... the story ENDED. I will miss publishing so much. I hope you liked this story, my way to tell you guys a Klaroline story. This time I'm really crying. :( This was a different experience for me. Please comment your oppinion of the book on the comments, I would like to know your point of view of the things.

Once again I am so sorry about any grammar issue, because I am portuguese and I tried to do my best to look for the right words.

Make sure you read  my friend story "Gone", it's just an amazing story! I am thinking about publishing other books that I'm writing, so this won't be the last time in here.

Please, don't forget to comment, follow and vote if you liked it.

I will love you always and forever because of the support you gave me. See you <3

                        SophieCG *****