Chapter 26 - Hello New Orleans

When we got to the airport I tried to call to Klaus, but he didn’t answer. I tried again and again. But nothing. My twin friends also tried but, nothing, again. I remembered another person.

        “Any of you have Elijah’s number?”

        “I don’t.” Joanne said.

        “I have.” Jane said.

        “You have? You have Elijah’s number?!”

        “He, about ten months ago, went to our bar in London, you weren’t next to me at that moment.”

        “Give me the number please.” I asked.

        “Of course.”

        She spelled it, I recorded it on the card and then the phone rang.

        Elijah’s unmistakable voice sounded, husky and a little sexy.

        "Yes?"

        "Elijah?"

        "Caroline?" He looked surprised.

        "Yes. Sorry if it's a bad time."

        "No. Tell me, do you need something?"

        "Well, I tried to call to Klaus about ten times ago and he doesn’t answer me, are you with him?"

        "No, he went out this morning. But you need to tell him something, something that I can help? "

        "Yes, tell him I'm on my way there."

        "Are you coming here?!"

        "Yes. Jane and Joanne, too. "

        "May I ask why?"

        "You can, but I will not answer. I will just say I need your help."

        "Why would I help you?" He was testing me.

        "Because you have nothing against me, and when we’re dealing with family issues you like to be present to help, according to what I have noticed and heard. And right now you're in my family, I hope you let me in into yours. "

        "Of course Caroline. Then we'll talk. See you in a few hours. "

        "Thanks. Elijah. Oh, by the way, can you get us to the airport? We've never been there and we will get lost. "

        "Of course. See you. "

        "Goodbye."

        They called us a little later for our flight. We got on the plane and the trip was calm.

                                                                                        ***

        Even at the airport we already could hear the jazz dancing and flying through the air.

We removed our bags, from that huge thing moving. We started going towards the airport lobby when I saw Elijah among the crowd.

Something connected me to him the moment I saw him. I had a connection that I cannot explain. I felt the energy burn into my skin. We turned to him. I hugged him as if I had always known him, and I think he got a little embarrassed.