Chapter 9 - The Halloween

Today was Saturday, October 31. It was Halloween, the most powerful and dangerous day to walk at the streets when it starts to became dark. Witches were powerful but with the strength that the stars and planets offered in this special day, we were the most powerful beings in the entire world.

It was also the night of rituals to communicate with the spirits, who wasn’t medium could see them, the night they were witches curse people, the night where everything was possible.

The Americans had a tradition to dress up that day. A day of celebration for them, while for witches and wizards, was not a mere joke. For us it wasn’t just  another day.

        I picked up the phone and I had a message from Liam.

        "Are you coming to the party tonight? Tell me that this year you can go... "

        I couldn’t… in the other years my mother made ​​me remain at home because the witches could do something to me. This year, I couldn’t because I also had to go.

        "I don’t know, I depends on a lot of things."

        "What? Why?" He asked again by SMS.

        "It depends on what my mother has scheduled for today, you know that usually we go out of town in this day..." I tried to apologize.

        "Yeah... But try to come, please"

        "I promise I’ll try."

        I dialed the number of Meridith.

        "Hello," she said in cheerful voice that usually have.

        "Hi!" I sighed. "We have to go to the ritual, don’t forget that!"

        "No, but I don’t know what to wear... I've never been to one."

        "Neither do I, but my mom says we will know what to do once we get there."

        "Yeah... Ok."

        "Around seven o'clock I’ll be at you home."

        "What should I dress?"

        "I don’t know. A formal dress, formal but not too much formal. "

        "Ok. Goodbye. "

        "Kisses." I said and hung up the phone. It soon began to ring, giving me no  time to clear the voice. I read "Klaus".

        I hung up. And I wrote him a message.

        "My mother is here," I lied. He was not there to see that I was lying.  "What's going on?"

        Seconds passed he replied "It wanted to know if you will also the ritual of the witches."

        "I have to go... But I honestly don’t want very much."

        "Well... When you hurry, call me. Or go to the party, I'll be there."

        "Klaus, don’t hurt anyone."

        "I promise to try."

        "Don’t try, do it. Kisses."

        "Goodbye, Caroline." It was always creepy when he said, or in this case, wrote, my name.

        The day had elapsed in the normal range. I exchanged messages with Meridith all the time because he was always sending pictures to ask what look was the best to be used.