Chapter 31 - Localization Spell

“Are you able to locate her, Abby?” Marcel asked the witch. Going round and round in his chair, while the witch focused. All candles and salt could not hurt him but he hated the sensation when the spells were made.

        “She is resisting.” She stated, her eyes were closed, continuing to do the localization spell.

        “How so?” He was outraged. He was using one of the best witches he had and she could not do that job?! Who else could do it?

        “She must be a supernatural being, only they can resist this kind of spells, and only the strongest of them...” She was already starting to bleed a bit from the nose of the effort.

        “Can you try to discover what she is?” He asked hopefully.

        “No.” She stopped the spell. “It will kill me.”

        He closed his eyes, sawed off his fist, and slammed it on the table.

                                                                                ***

        “Caroline?” Rebekah asked, gripping me on her lap easily, and laying on the couch.

        I did not answer her, still trying to fight the feeling of someone to enter my head, trying to see through my memories, my life. Was whispering to myself, the spell that reminded me of the secret book of my mother.

        When the feeling finally disappeared, giving up searching, I opened my eyes, which were yellow-gold.

        “Oh my God!” Rebekah exclaimed again.

        “Long story...” I breathed, closing my eyes to concentrate, and finally when I opened them I felt that they had already changed into my normal blue color.

Jane and Joanne, who had heard so much fuss, peeked through the top of the stairs and when they saw the Originals around me, also ran there.

        “Honey! Are you okay?” They asked.

        “Yes. Some witch was trying to enter my mind.”

        “What do you mean?” Rebekah asked.

        “Marcel already knows...” Elijah stated, in a small voice.

        “Marcel?” Rebekah was really confused, she looked at his brother, at me, at the redheads, so long out of New Orleans had kept her in the east of all the problems that were happening there.

        “Elijah, he doesn’t even know who I am. He couldn’t be tracking me because he never saw me.

        He thought for a long moment. “Only if...”

        “Only if what?” Jane questioned him.

        “Only if a witch saw you.”

        “But you killed them.” I said.

Rebekah remained silent, trying to absorb every word, making it a piece of a puzzle, trying to assemble and when we talked, more pieces were added to the same puzzle, causing it to grow and grow.

        “No.” He raised an eyebrow, but not for being confused, but realizing it’s a mistake. “Probably one escaped.” He turned back and started walking up to one of the huge windows of the living room.