The Triple Hybrid

Foreword

        "You killed her", they accused him with all the strength they had.

I was not there, at that very moment, but I heard. The next moment, I found myself at the same place where I thought not to be.

        I heard someone crying.

        I knew that some kind of curse was wandering around.

        Screams were running through the forest and they almost made me  fell out.

        And the fire, that luminescent light that, if you don’t even touch, it’s going to burn from far. That makes huge scars, which, when you look into mirror just makes you want to break it. The wrinkled and glued skin, fused to an other part of it.

            ‘'Stop!'’ I shout with all my strength. "Stop!"

I'm surrounded by people in the forest. The wind blows hard and some trees fell down, some shook and became intensely inclined, I was afraid that some of them fell on me because of the curvature, others remained up, but due to the long and strong roots that were sheltered and grabbed tightly to the dripping wet earth. The scenario was awful and so terrifying.

            “What is happening?” Somebody asked.

I know who is talking into my dream but, the faces of the people around me, I could not see and I didn’t know why.

        “Let me go!” I scream, horrified.

They do let me go and I start to see marks on my arm, deep bruises began to form. They were there for a moment but the next one, they disappear. It didn’t hurt, so how could it be marked? And if they were there, how could they disappear? It’s in those moments that I realize that’s a dream, so I try to wake up desperately.

        “What’s happening?” Somebody ask me again. I close my eyes tightly. “Talk to me!” I don’t answer and I close my eyes even more tightly.

        “Talk to me” They scream again.

        “Let me go.” I say, moving away from them. “Just let me go, please.” I shout again with all my strength.

        I knew that I was dreaming but, I couldn’t find the way out of that kind of dark hall that kept me there. I shake to one side and then to the other. I thought to me “Everything has a beginning and an end, so keep trying. The ‘bad’ dream, as my mom used to say, would end.”

        Suddenly, I heard a nice voice, that made my heart slows down. “Sweet heart, wake up. I’m here. Now I’m here.”

        I woke up. I opened my eyes without knowing how. All of me was shaking like a leaf. My mom pulled the sheet and she put her body close to mine into my bed.

        “Whatever you were dreaming, it’s gone my love.” She caressed me in the head like she used to do when I was just a little girl. “I’m here.” Our bodies were very close but I tried to make them even more close to each other. That seamed part of my childhood, like if I was just five years old, be afraid of the darkness in the empty room. For an instant I felt like that little girl I used to be. I started to cry. I tried to remember the dream, but it fade away, I couldn’t remember it, but I felt that it had been horrible, so horrible that it could make a girl of my age, now seventeen, die frightened.

        The voice of my mother calmed everything, the voice had such a nice ton and it was so calm, it ingrained itself so deeply in my mind that it calmed me down. We stayed inside of my bed the rest of the night, whispering to each other ears. I paid attention to every single word that she whispered, shrinking a little because I don’t really like when people talk to my neck.

When, finally, I fell asleep, I start to dream again, but this time just good, simple, beautiful and magical things, they didn’t make me hide into the shadows.

        At dawn, she woke me, like she always does, with a lot of kisses onto my cheeks and whispering a calm song. She smiled to me warmly and turned her back to me, so I could get dressed.

            Classes!

            Why do I have to go to school?!