Chapter Twenty Three- Birthday I

"Oh my Merlin, (Y/n). We didn't know you were in the dorm!" A shocked Everley shook her friend awake.

"Hmm?"

"You didn't show up to potions, we couldn't find you at all during our free period and now it's lunch! Where have you been? Harry, Ron, and Hermione are freaking out. They even got Fred and George looking for you," Viviana added.

"Yeah, and you're always in potions and Snape was a bit confused when you didn't show up," Everley finished.

"Why didn't you guys check here first?"

"Well, we knew that you liked walking around more than being stuck in the dorm so we thought you were just out on a walk and got lost or something," Ev said with Viviana nodding her head vigorously.

"Come on, we need to tell the other three that you're not dead." Viviana dragged the girl out of her bed.

"Hold on, let me fix myself up, I've been sleeping for hours." (Y/n) redid her fan bun and brushed out her uniform that she passed out in.

"Let's gooo!" Everley dragged out, impatient as ever. The trio made their way into the common room and on their way out they bumped into the other three.

"(Y/n)!" Ron exclaimed.

"We thought you died or something," Harry said.

"No, I just skipped potions to sleep. You saw me earlier." Her five friends nodded, remembering the half-asleep (Y/n) in transfiguration. "Can we get lunch, I'm literally so hungry."

"Lead the way," Hermione said, following her friend.

~.~.~.~

"Can I tell you guys a secret?" (Y/n) asked as she leaned closer up to Harry on the sofa in front of the fire due to the frigid temperature. Her day went on like normal and she avoided Snape at all costs. It was now 11:30 and none of the six young Gryffindors wanted to sleep just yet, however, Ron was already passed out on the arm of the couch, next to Hermione.

"Yeah, what is it?" Asked Everley, who claimed the big armchair perpendicular to the couch. The four awake friends all turned to pay attention to (Y/n) who looked down to avoid the eyes of her friends.

"To be quite honest I'm not sure if I should be telling people just yet but screw it it's my birthday tomorrow. Anyways, you can't say a word to anyone because this is big!"

"Okay, you're scaring me now, but go on," Hermione's voice had a slight hint of hesitation to it.

"Well," (Y/n) looked at her sleeping brother, "I found out who my birth parents are."

"No way, that's amazing!" Viviana piped up from her fort of blankets on the ground next to the fire.

"I'm so happy for yo-"

"Snape's my dad."

The room went silent.

"Pardon?" Hermione asked to make sure she heard clearly.

"Snape is my father and before you ask this isn't a prank."

(Y/n) looked at her friends' reactions, all of whom were shocked with their mouths gaped open and eyes wide.

"Yay?" Everley replied, sounding more like a question.

"I don't even know how to react myself." A small laughter of disbelief escaped (Y/n)'s mouth. "Oh, and McGonagall's my godmother."

"Bloody hell, okay, are you related to Dumbledore as well?" A sleepy Ron asked.

"Haha, very funny, but no. Well... I don't think so."

"Wouldn't be surprising at this point," Viv grinned.

"Well I'm really happy for you, (Y/n)," Hermione said with a genuine smile and embraced her friend sitting next to her in a big hug which was reciprocated. Before long, the young girl was engulfed in a large group hug with her five closest friends.

"Thank you for everything, you truly are the bestest of friends," (Y/n) spoke after the hug. "Now I think it's time for bed." (Y/n) pointed to Ron who once again fell asleep over the arm of the couch. Hermione ended up waking up Ron, much to his dismay, and the six friends dispersed into their dorms.

~.~.~.~

"Happy birthday!!" (Y/n) was woken by the sound of her best friends wishing her a happy birthday.

"Thank you!" The girl sat up in her bed and wiped away the clouds in her eyes.

"Are you excited for double potions today?" Viviana questioned while brushing her dark brown hair.

"Sure," (Y/n) replied sarcastically.

The three girls made it out of the dorm and hurried down to the great hall for breakfast. It was about eight when they made it and the hall was busier than usual, but the three sat in their usual seats. They were shortly joined by the other trio of friends.

"Happy birthday!" The three chorused in unison, then laughed at their unrehearsed entrance.

"Thank you!" The six conversed with one another and the occasional Weasley would walk by wishing (Y/n) the best birthday. "I honestly think I'd rather work at the ministry of magic rather than go to double potions on my birthday."

"Yeah, it sucks that your birthday happens to fall on a Tuesday," Hermione agreed while eating some fruit.

"Speaking of which, I think we should get going, we have less than ten minutes," Everley spoke.

"It's my birthday, he can deal with it if I'm late," (Y/n) said taking her sweet time eating the eggs off of her plate.

"Well one, it's not our birthdays, and two, we're not his children," Viviana reminded her friend.

"Wait, what would us being his children have to do with anything?" Ron asked awkwardly.

"You should've stayed awake last night." With that said, the six took off to potions, with Ron still as confused as ever.

(Y/n) took her usual seat next to Harry and the two were assigned a simple potion to brew. Snape seemed to be in the brightest mood this year and (Y/n) of course knew why. On occasion, (Y/n) would look after adding ingredients and catch the eye of an extremely proud father, who dared to show a slight smile.

"And I think... we're done!" Harry said after adding the final ingredient and having the liquid turn the right color.

"Nice work!" (Y/n) high-fived her friend and looked at her job well done.

"Well, trust me when I say I couldn't have done it without you correcting me after nearly everything I said."

"I only had to correct you twice." The two laughed and (Y/n) bottled up a small amount in a vile and labeled it with her and Harry's names before bringing it to the front for Snape. "Professor." She handed him the vile.

"(Y/n)." The two exchanged a small smile before (Y/n) turned and went back to her desk. For the remaining twenty minutes she and Harry spoke about anything that came to mind such as quidditch and their neverending practices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, this chapter was kinda boring, but her bday is bouta get a whole lot better :)