Chapter Fifteen- The Nimbus 2000

Third Person pov:

It has been a few weeks since their first quidditch practice and today was finally the day... game day. It was the first game of the season and it happened to be against Slytherin. (Y/n) didn't want to admit it but her main motivation to be Slytherin was to wipe that smug Malfoy-smirk off of his face. Although he wasn't on the quidditch team he obviously thought Slytherin was the best house, even though he was very wrong.

"Scared?" Everley asked (Y/n) who had hardly even touched the food on her plate.

"Yeah, I mean think about it, are Fred and George really responsible enough to keep those bloody bludgers away from me!"

"Hey, we heard that," George said as he walked behind his sister. Fred was close to behind and he ruffled his hand through (Y/n)'s hair, messing it up.

"Rude," (Y/n) said trying her best to fix her hair. "Viv, can you braid it?"

"Only if you eat something. All you've done was stare at it for a good ten minutes."

"Ugh fine, I just can't eat when I'm nervous." (Y/n) took a small bite out of her toast. "Happy?"

"Fine, I'll do it." Viviana stood up from her set next to (Y/n) and parted the latter's hair into two.

"Looks like Hermione and Ron are having the same issue." Everley pointed out causing the trio to look left. Further down the table sat Harry, Ron, and Hermione, with the latter two trying to get Harry to eat.

"See, I'm not the only one who doesn't eat when they're nervous." (Y/n) said trying to defend herself.

"Yeah well, you better eat after the game," Viviana said as she continued braiding the first braid for (Y/n). (Y/n) hummed in response. The three girls talked for a few minutes, with (Y/n) still not feeling hungry enough to eat. Viviana had finished the braids and her and Everley did their best to get (Y/n)'s mind off of the game that was a long way away.

"Miss. Weasley." A voice appeared from behind (Y/n) and Viviana causing (Y/n) to whip her head around. Standing before her was Professor Snape, who (Y/n) had finally learned to get along with and even started to like. "I would eat now if I were you, eating closer to the game will result in a mess and I can assure you... Mr. Filch would not appreciate it."

"I'm just not hungry, Professor."

"Mhm... well... good luck today... you'll need it seeing that it is against Slytherin house, although seeing as you had managed yourself with a troll, this game shouldn't be an issue for you, now should it?"

"Thank you, Professor," (Y/n) said and got the slightest of smiles from Snape who then pivoted on his foot to talk to Harry.

"Wow, Professor Snape never wishes luck to anyone other than Slytherin," Everley noted as she took a bight from a bagel.

"Yeah, I just think he likes me since I'm pretty excelled at potions."

"Probably," agreed Viviana. All of a sudden two bird screeches came from above. Most people, including (Y/n) looked up to see two owls holding gifts, one of whom seemed to be (o/n).

"Guess some mail came early," Everley laughed. (O/n) dropped a rather large item in front of (Y/n) and Hedwig had dropped a similar looking one in front of Harry. Both Harry and (Y/n) made eye contact with furrowed eyebrows before turning back to their abnormally large gift. The girl ripped off the wrapping revealing a broomstick. Her eyes widened when she saw the model... a Nimbus 2000.

"My... my family couldn't afford this,"(Y/n) turned to her friends who were just as confused. Then (Y/n) looked up to the teacher table and saw McGonagall petting both Hedwig and (O/n) and smiling to her first-year quidditch players. "Wow." (Y/n) said in awe after giving a big thank you smile to her head of house. "I'll be right back." She rose from her seat with the broom and went to where Harry was sitting.

"This is incredible!" Harry exclaimed once he saw (Y/n) coming his way.

"I'm just glad McGonagall likes me more than Fred and George." (Y/n) laughed and took a seat next to Harry.

"Are you excited for tonight?" Harry asked once (Y/n) settled in beside him.

"Yeah and a bit terrified, but I think that'll go away once we push off of the platform."

"I think you two will do great," chimed in Hermione.

"Thank you 'Mione," (Y/n) said to her friend sitting across the table.

"We have about an hour an a half until the game, any plans?" Harry asked.

"Honestly, probably go over game plans for the first hour and have a mental breakdown during the last twenty minutes, but that's okay." Harry nodded.

In the hour that (Y/n) had before she needed to arrive for warm-ups, she tried her best to get her homework finished, but found herself unsuccessful, as her mind would somehow drift off topic and onto quidditch. Before she knew it she was off of her comfy couch cushion and packing her game gear which included a scarlet and gold sweater covered by the matching outerwear with a cape along with white pants and black knee-high boots.

"Hey, Harry," (Y/n) said as she walked down the stairs to the common room. Harry was sitting on the same couch (Y/n) had been on and was facing the fire, engaged in thought. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just nervous," he replied. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I've got my broom and everything!" (Y/n) said while waving her new broom. "Let's go."

Harry and (Y/n) walked out of Gryffindor tower and met up with the rest of the team in the corridor leading to the common room.

"Don't be scared," Fred said to (Y/n), seeing through the tough look on her face.

"I'm not," she replied. Oliver led the team through the halls and out of the castle exit, closest to the path to the quidditch pitch. "Harry," (Y/n) said to her friend on her right while coming closer to the pitch. He hummed in response, to ask what. "We should create a handshake, you know, like a good luck handshake since it's both our first time playing quidditch."

"Let's do it."

The two spent the rest of the short walk coming up with a creative handshake to do. Eventually, they settled on a pretty creative, at least that's what they call it, handshake. (Will be posted in next chapter!) (Y/n) entered the girls' locker room alongside Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell and stared in awe at the sight.

"Are you nervous?" Asked Katie, who was also a new chaser this year.

"Extremely."

"Don't worry, I'm terrified, it's my first game, too," Katie smiled a reassuring smile to (Y/n).

"I'm positive you both will be excellent," Angelina chimed in. The three conversed with one another as they got changed and ready for the game.

~.~.~.~

Warm-ups lasted a mere fifteen minutes, much to (Y/n)'s dismay since she still had yet to feel confident in her abilities. The team lined up on a wooden platform, waiting to fly in one by one.

"Scared, Harry, (Y/n)?" Wood asked, making eye contact with the two.

"A little bit," Harry replied.

"That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?" (Y/n) asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Er, I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later." (Y/n)'s eyes widened and made eye contact with Harry who was also making the same face.

"Fun," (Y/n) replied sarcastically.

"Get ready," George said to his sister.

(Y/n) gulped and stared ahead as the wooden doors in front of them began to open.