Chapter Eighteen- Some Suspicious Words

Third Person pov: (Also this gif doesn't have to do w/ this chapter obv but I just wanted to use a gif lmao)

"I'm hungryyyyyy," whined (Y/n) as the four girls made their way in the Great Hall, "and sweatyyyyy."

"Oh boo-hoo shower later," Everley said as the four sat down in front of a buffet of food.

"Look at all this food, now are you happy?" Asked Viviana.

"Very," she replied, "Now Hermione, what were you saying about that theory?"

"Oh right! I saw him mouthing a spell or a curse under his breath and not breaking eye contact with your broom. And between us, I went and set his cape on fire so he lost focus which is when your broom stopped going crazy." Hermione said the last sentence in a hushed tone and earned small smiles from the other trio in the response of her story.

"I still don't believe it," (Y/n) sighed and went back to moving her food with a fork.

"Well Hermione does have a good point," Everley reasoned.

"I don't know, I mean, maybe he was just mouthing his daily prayers?" (Y/n) earned weird looks from her friends to which she just shrugged in response. "Just putting out all of the possibilities."

"In the muggle world, and I believe it's prevalent here too, everyone is innocent until proven guilty," Viviana said and took a bite out of her sandwich.

"But the evidence points to Snape," Everley said. (Y/n) just shook her head not wanting to believe what Ev and Hermione were concluding.

"Can we talk about something else for now? If there's more evidence later then we can reopen this case," (Y/n) said as she finally took a bite out of her pasta.

"Yeah, I'm gonna talk to Harry and Ron about it, too," Hermione said.

The three girls continued to eat their food in comfortable silence, each thinking about different things happening in their lives. That was until they were interrupted by everyone's [least] favorite professor, I think we all know who.

"Miss. Weasley, a brilliant victory against my house, although I do believe it is against the rules for chasers to use beaters bats during games. Your hit landed Flint in the hospital for the next. three. weeks."

"Whoops," She shrugged in reply with no hint of regret for her actions. Snape raised his eyebrows at the girl and turned to walk away.

"He's limping again," Hermione said when Snape was out of earshot as if she was an investigator.

"So? He's old it's probably just knee pains or old people problems," (Y/n) reasoned.

"What do you mean again?" Everley asked.

"When he came to wish Harry luck for the game we noticed he limped away," Hermione said and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Guys I'm telling you, old. people. problems." (Y/n) lightly clapped in between the words for emphasis.

"Okay, you keep thinking that," Hermione said with a giggle.

"I'm really sweaty, I'm going to go shower, I'll meet you guys in the common room if that's alright?" (Y/n) asked. She was answered with sure's. The girl spun out of the bench and grabbed her broom, which she out underneath the bench. She made her way out of the Great Hall and turned a few corners until she made it to a seemingly deserted corridor. At that moment she knew she made a wrong turn. However, as she was going to turn around, familiar voices were heard.

"She needs to know, we can't just leave her in the dark!" A familiar female professor's voice was heard.

"Minerva, it is not safe right now, she is too young, too vulnerable."

"Albus, you told me that she would be told upon her entry at Hogwarts."

"If I may chime in, I believe her safety must be put first before anything. If you believe it is not safe enough for her to know, then I suppose we can wait another year or two," The monotone voice of Snape rang through.

"Another year! That is far too long," McGonagall exclaimed. The voices grew louder and it soon clicked to (Y/n) that she had to skrrt out of there before she was caught eavesdropping on the conversation.

"We will further discuss this later, but for now no one is to say anything," Dumbledore said and stopped right before turning the same corner into the corridor in which (Y/n) was hiding. She was small enough to hide behind one of the pillars. The end of their conversation gave her enough time to go back to where she made the wrong turn and continue on her way to the common room. Although no name was said, she had a gut feeling that it was about her. 

What other Gryffindor does Snape tolerate and who else gets invited to tea parties in McGonagall's office, although they are quite lovely?

Her thoughts about what the three professors were talking about didn't leave her mind as she went into deep thought while taking a shower, but don't we all do that let's be real. She took an extra fifteen minutes due to her thoughts. 

~.~.~.~ (skip cuz showers are irrelevant)

(Y/n) made her way to her shared dorm with Ev and Viv and wasn't surprised to find the two taking the usual Saturday evening naps, causing her to lightly giggle. It was only six o'clock, but after their late lunch/early dinner she found herself not hungry and more tired. After brushing out her (h/l) hair and changing into a Gryffindor tee and sweats, she decided to take part in the routine nap.

She found herself drifting off thinking about her next quidditch game, putting a small smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Kinda short, but yay an update! Also props to you if you actually read my authors' notes lol love you all!!