Chapter Ten- One Question: What the Hell?

Third Person pov:

      Harry and (Y/n) triumphantly flew back onto the ground while the other students cheered at their victory against Malfoy. (Y/n) walked up to the pale blonde haired boy who was sulking and gave him a smirk, flipped her (h/c) hair and walked to her friends.

      "That was amazing," Everley exclaimed while hugging (Y/n). Before the latter could reply, the familiar steps of a professor were becoming louder and louder.

      "Harry Potter and (Y/n) Weasley, follow me." (Y/n) turned around and came face to face with Professor McGonagall. The former quickly glanced at Harry who was swallowing the lump in his throat. Before the two followed Professor McGonagall, (Y/n) became aware of Malfoy's growing smirk on her face.

      The Gryffindor first years trailed behind the professor in silence with the occasional 'we're gonna die' escaping (Y/n)'s mouth only loud enough for Harry to hear. The three came to a stop outside a classroom.

      "I can assure you, Miss. Weasley, that you are not going to die. Now you two wait here."

      "Oh, we are so going to die," (Y/n) muttered.

      "Excuse me... excuse me, Professor Quirrell. Could I borrow Wood for a moment?"

      "She's going to hit us over the head with a piece of wood!" (Y/n) exclaimed to Harry, whose eyes grew wide at the thought.

      "Oh. Y-yes, of course," Professor Quirrell stuttered out.

      "Weasley, Potter, this is Oliver Wood," (Y/n) and Harry looked at each other realizing how far fetched their idea was, "Wood, I have found you a chaser and a seeker!" Both Harry and (Y/n) were in shock at the words spoken, since neither knew the reason as to why they were pulled out of flying class. Wood looked the two first years up and down before settling on the words he wanted to say.

      "We will start practicing tomorrow at twelve-thirty." With that said, Wood headed back into the classroom. A few seconds the bell rang signaling the next class.

      "You both will be the youngest quidditch players in a century!' McGonagall smiled as she spoke those words. "Now, hurry along you two, I suppose you would want to tell your friends." Professor McGonagall walked away leaving the two Gryffindors speechless. Both of their mouths were hanging open, still surprised at the news they had received.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "(Y/n) that's amazing!" Viviana jumped up and down, being more excited than her friend was at the news.

      "I'm so proud of you, no first years ever make it on quidditch teams!" Everley exclaimed, sounding even more excited than Viv. The three friends met up with Ron and Harry after a long and boring Defense Against the Dark Arts class.

      "Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in-"

      "-A century, according to McGonagall," Harry said, finishing Ron's statement. Ron's eyes looked to the left, looking for (Y/n) in the sea of students in the corridor.

      "(Y/n)!" Her brother exclaimed, making his way to the girl after seeing her noticeable (h/c) hair. They quickly gave each other a sibling hug before scurrying out to the courtyard with the other friends.

      "Did you hear the news!" (Y/n) exclaims going on her tiptoes with excitement.

      "Who hasn't heard the news?" George said approaching the group with Fred.

      "Hey, well done, Wood's just told us!" Fred added.

      "Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch."

      "Real comforting, boys," (Y/n) rolled her eyes at her older brothers.

      "Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally."

      "Just do me a favor and don't tell mum, I don't need her freaking out over this," (Y/n) begged with her brothers.

      "A little late for that," George started while making eye contact with Fred.

      "Yeah, McGonagall was too excited about the new recruits that she already sent a letter home to mum and dad," Fred finished the sentence, leaving (Y/n) with wide eyes.

      "Don't worry, dad'll keep her sane..."

      "He always does!"

      "Ugh, come on guys let's go," (Y/n) said to Viviana and Everley. She grabbed their arms and dragged them in the opposite direction of the group. "We'll catch up with you all later!" (Y/n) called back to the other trio.

      "I'm bored," Said Everley randomly after walking for a few minutes.

      "Me too," Agreed Viviana.

      "Let's go exploring, we have a whole seven years to explore, we might as well start now!" (Y/n)  happily dragged the girls' hands inside a new set of corridors, but as soon as she turned to the right she bumped into a familiar body.

      "Can't seem to stop running into me can you?" Malfoy raised an eyebrow.

      "Sod off, Malfoy," Viviana interfered before (Y/n) could speak.

      "I don't believe I was talking to you, mudbl-"

      "I would not finish that sentence if you know what's good for you," (Y/n) interrupted the idiotic Slytherin before the word finished rolling off his tongue.

      "I can't believe they're letting first-year tossers like you on the quidditch team. Just wait til my father hears about this." (Y/n starts lightly laughing at his words, which earns a confused look from Malfoy.

      "Hmm, is that so. I can't wait for your father to expel me from Hogwarts," she said sarcastically and finished her laugh, "terrifying, really." The sarcasm and smirk when the Gryffindor spoke the last two words irked Malfoy so much, he simply walked away knowing that he wouldn't win this battle.

      "That was... bloody brilliant," Everley gawked. The three girls walked in the other direction that Malfoy went to avoid him for the rest of the night, or hopefully, year.

      "Yeah, well you get pretty good at comebacks after living with the twins for a decade." The three laughed and proceeded to explore some of the wonders Hogwarts had to offer all while talking about how obnoxious 'that Malfoy kid' is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "Honestly, who the hell does he even think he is, descendant of Merlin himself?" Everley exclaimed, still upset about the incident that happened two hours ago. The three girls were sitting on their beds enjoying the sweets Molly had sent (Y/n) all while still venting about Slytherins and how the majority of them were just so horrible.

      "Exactly, I mean I understand where he gets it from because his father is a total prick," Viviana chimed in after swallowing a jelly bean.

      "I don't mean to be buzzkill or anything, I love ranting with you both, but it's nearly six thirty, we should be heading down to dinner," (Y/n) said after taking a quick peek at the nearby clock on her nightstand.

      "You're right, and I really shouldn't have eaten so many jelly beans," Viviana said and looked down at the half-empty bag of jelly beans placed before her. "Whoops."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

I can't wait to get to third and fourth year already since I ~personally~ feel like that's when they start maturing more, yanno. So I think that the first two books of this series will probably be shorter than the later ones since I'm going to have more to write for the later books :)

I hope you're all enjoying this book even though this is only the tenth chapter ahhh