Chapter 6: All In

...
When I got back home from class I was exhausted. "Is she gone," I asked Kevin as I plopped down beside him on the couch. "Yeah," he said looking over at me. I tucked one leg underneath me. "Good, cuz we need to talk." Kevin raised his eyebrow at me and waited for me to continue.

"Lee wants a paternity test."

Kevin's face turned sour. "I didn't know you were still communicating with him."

"I'm not. Crazy ass Amber has a class with me now and told me that that's what he wants. Of course, I immediately refuted, but the bitch is petty and decided that she's going to blackmail you into doing it."

"How?"

"Turns out Mena was still on the phone the other night and recorded everything. She sent the recording to Amber who, get this, is a family friend. So now Amber is using it to force you into taking a paternity test per Lee's request. She said that if you don't do it she's going to release the recording to potential galleries." I sat back in my seat. "Can you fucking believe this sh---!"

"I'll do it," Kevin interjected.

I looked up at him befuddled. "What!"

"I would be lying if I said I didn't wonder if she's mine or Oliver's. I think about it from time to time and I want to know before I go all in.

I felt like I just got punched in the gut. I moved away from him. "I can't believe what I'm hearing."

"What do you want me to do? Live my life always wondering? Risk my career?"

"I want you to believe me! We didn't have sex like two rando's who met at a club that night and we never just fuck. Our love is deeper than that! Always has been."

"Alyssa, I know that, but I can't deny the fact that you were sleeping with someone else at the time."

"And I don't want you to, but I want you to be real with yourself and admit that you felt what I felt that night. The way we connected was some otherworldly shit and before we even finished---I just---I knew," I whispered. "I knew exactly what was about to happen. I knew." I took a brief pause to get myself together. "The moment you kissed me our fate was sealed and so was this baby. In that moment we wanted nothing more than this. We were all in. Do you remember? Or was I in that room alone?"

"Alyssa I---"

"Do I need to remind you what all in looked like that night?" I lifted my dress above my head and stood up from the couch in only my bra and panties. I placed my legs on either side of him and sat in his lap.

"Alyssa," Kevin started. I shushed him with my lips and pulled his shirt up over his head. I kissed him everywhere and reached for the waistband on his sweatpants. I kissed his neck and his clavicle down to his chest. Kevin did not resist me. He gave in to every touch, every kiss, every stroke, every moan.

When we were finished I put my panties back on and rushed my dress back up my body. I stood up. "Did that help jog your memory?"

"Come on Alyssa, that's not fair. You used sex to try to convince me not to take the test."

"Wrong. That's what the talk was for. I used sex to remind you that it was our love that brought her here. Not Oliver's." I grabbed my belongings. "You are her father Kevin, but if you need a paternity test to tell you that, then by all means," I shrugged, "take it." I opened up the front door. "I'm staying at Janelle's. Don't call me," I said over my shoulder.
...