Chapter 14: Unveiling the Shadows

Hey Guys!! I changed the cover. What do you think, should I leave the old one or do you prefer the new one? Please help me choose!! Thanks for your support! I hope you enjoy this chapter so that it can help you better understand the guys. It’s quite important actually.

Pic of Seth's car to the side. What can I say, I love classic cars ;) >> 

Enjoy:

Rock ‘n’ Roll Ruined my Life: Chapter 14: Unveiling the Shadows

I grabbed my pumps, which I had thrown over the balcony and followed after him. I cursed underneath my breath, as I couldn’t see a thing. Mr Chivalry had abandoned me and while he had comfortably used my phone’s torch to make his way out of the gardens surrounding my house, I kept trying to find my way through while I bumped into the trees and kicked over my mum’s garden gnome. Much cussing and stumbling later, I could finally see him standing at the gate. While I tried to smooth down my dress and dust myself off, I heard an obvious chuckle coming from his way.

“I have to say, Seth. Your sense of humour sucks big time.” I said.

“Come on, we need to meet the others at the restaurant so you’ve got to quicken your pace.” he said to me as he moved forward and grabbed my hand. “So, do you have any particular experience in climbing?” he asked me as we faced the gate. I swallowed. It had been ages since the last time I sneaked out of my house. I looked up at the gate which suddenly seemed quite higher than it usually did.

After swallowing down, trying to swallow my fears of falling down and breaking my neck with my saliva, I cracked my knuckles and started stretching my arms. My muscles stung in protest, but I knew that that’s what I got for avoiding P.E at all costs. Just as I was about to do some squats, Seth exhaled loudly.

“Will you stop procrastinating and start climbing? We don’t have all day, princess.” he barked at me. I narrowed my eyes at him but complied. I started climbing very slowly, taking each step with care. I didn’t dare look down and my only thought was about falling off to my death. I bit my lip once I arrived at the top. This is where the hard part begun. I had to get on the other side of the gate and knowing me and my luck, this couldn’t end well.

I gripped on to the gate tightly as I felt it move slightly. I gripped it like my life depended on it and shut my eyes, waiting for the fall that would surely follow.

“It’s just me, Alex. You can open your eyes I’m here to help you.” I opened my eyes only to glare at him. I’ll do this by myself. I’d rather die and fall to my door than giving you the satisfaction of helping me.” I spit out.

“Princess, you wouldn’t die if you fall; you’d just break your arm which is the last thing we need if we want to get you ready to play for Chasing Shadows.” he said reasonably. But there was no voice of reason for me. I secured my hold on the gate and lifted my left leg over the gate. When I was sure that I had a safe footing I did the same with my left leg. I started descending down slowly till my legs met the solid ground. I looked back up at Seth who was still on top of the gate looking at me with approval.

“So, are you coming down, Blondie?” I joked. “Why you little-“ And before he could finish the sentence he was already on the ground next to me, tickling me out of my wits. Sure, he made it look easy!

After leaving me breathless, rubbing my ribs in vain, he grabbed my hand and led me down the block. His pace increased significantly once we reached the only spot of metallic royal blue among the silver, black and white cars parked it the streets. What can I say, my neighbours are very boring people.

I recognised the car instantly by its sleek figure and horns. It was a classic Porsche 911 Turbo, not built later than 1977. “From a guy like you I’d probably expect the latest Lamborghini or Ferrari not a classic Porsche. You’ve got more class than I gave you credit for I’ll give you that.” I said as we approached the car.