Chapter 9: Surprise, Surprise!

What does one do when she catches her best friend and her player of a cousin in bed. I considered the options in my mind.

1) Just walk away. Pretend you never saw anything and see what their reaction will be. Avoid any awkward accusations, basically shrug it off.

2) Pretend it was all a dream, go back to bed and sleep till the annoying alarm clock wakes you up and you found out that it's back to your usual old life

That's what my normal, sane self would have done. But today, my poor confused state of mind, the alcohol made my decision. I darted past the bewildered rockers and into my room. I found a pair of scissors and made my way back to the guest room. 

The guys, realising what I was about to do, tried to stop me but I slid away. I held the scissors in front of me as if it was some terrifyingly lethal weapon. 

"You did it, Brandon. You crossed the fucking line. I swear I'm going to cut off that filthy banana of yours, fry it and give it to the dogs." I shouted. Both woke up looking lost. Jade's eyes went wide as she took in the situation she was in. "Oh God no! Get out! Get the hell off of me Brandon." she cried as she tried to cover herself as best as she could.

"But I-" he looked down at his crotch below the sheets. "No wait! We didn't do anything. I still have my boxers on." he whisked the sheets off him, and stood in front of us in nothing but his red boxers with Spongebob on them. Jade looked away, clearly repelled with what almost  happened. I looked away too, not even remotely interested in looking at my cousin in all his spongebob-y glory. 

Zach raised his eyebrow at him, "Seriously dude? Spongebob?" Just as they were about to start a vivid discussion on who had the coolest boxers, I got annoyed. "Um, can you guys get out? Go make coffee or something just get out of the room?" I said for Jade's sake. The guys nodded solemnly and made their way out of the room. Ian put a hand on Brandon's shoulder. "You coming?" 

But Brandon was too lost looking at Jade to answer. "Jade, I-I'm sorry, I-"

Jade's eyes never met his. "Just get out, Brandon." she said icily. There was something in Brandon's eyes, something that I quite couldn't name, that almost made me think that he was sorry. He left wordlessly after that. I went quickly across to my room and got two pairs of pyjamas and two sports bras I used to sleep in. I wordlessly gave a set to her and closed the door behind me. I went to change in the closet while I gave her space to change. I was ready in a few minutes. 

I knocked softly on the door, "Jade, are you ready?" No response. I waited awkwardly behind the door, trying to hold my breath because since the closet was rarely used, it had quite a claustrophobic smell. I only exited the room when I heard a little muffled cry. I found Jade crying softly, barely audible. I was at loss. Jade might be a big drama queen but this... this was real, she really was hurt. It was so unlike her to cry like this. I had never seen her more vulnerable. 

"Jade? It's okay, you don't need to cry." I said in a desperate attempt to calm her down. I sat next to her and let her cry on my shoulder as I awkwardly patted her back.  "Why am I such a slut, Alex?" she asked me through her sobbing. I wiped away her tears with my hand and tried to pull all the loose strands of hair that surrounded her face like a halo behind her ear. "You're not a slut, Jade. Ever since I we started to hang out together you only had two boyfriends, and frankly, they were douches who didn't know what they had till they lost it. You're a beautiful girl and any guy would die for you to be his. And about this thing with Brandon, forget about it, you were both drunk and after all nothing happened."