Chapter 13: The S-word

Hope you enjoy this upload guys. I suggest you hear the song to the right. It goes with the chapter plus it’s awesomeness in music form :D

RNRRML (13)

“Oh you know what I meant! Now go change in the closet.” Seth said as he turned away from my smug expression. “I can’t. The bulb in my closet hasn’t been working for months. I wouldn’t be able to see a thing in there. How did you manage to pick the dress anyways?” I asked him out of sheer curiosity.

He shrugged. “I just used the torch on my phone.” he smiled smugly, making me glare at him in return as he held up my phone. The little sneaky weasel.

“I swear, I’m in love with this phone.” he said in an annoyingly patronising way as he stared lovingly at my damn phone and then back at me.

I sent him an icy glance that could have frozen hell over. “You know darn well and good that what you’re holding in your hand belongs to me. And you have the exact same model, there’s nothing special about mine, it’s just like yours.”

He tsked at me. “Au contraire, ma Cherie,” he as he wiggled his finger in my face. “I’ve grown rather fond of this one in particular.“ he said. I glared at him but I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me get angry. I just plainly couldn’t.

“Keep it. The next model will be coming out soon, anyways.” I said as I shrugged, though in reality I was swallowing down the venom that was building at the back of my throat at his cockiness.

He flashed a fake grin at me that could par with a model’s smile during a beauty pageant and win by a landslide. “I’m glad you feel that way.” I copied his smile and flashed him my pearly whites.

“Very well then, could you please turn around so that I can change? I’d also appreciate it if you blindfold yourself but I won’t push my luck.” I said through clenched teeth.

“Gladly.” he said without ever breaking his dashing smile. His teeth practically gleamed in the moonlight. I was sure that by now his cheeks were hurting just as much as mine were. After we both turned around, I messaged my cheekbones and prayed silently that I’d be able to stop smiling within the next five minutes. I walked over to a chest of drawers to get a bra when all of a sudden I felt a searing pain in my big toe that travelled all through my body. I griped my foot, trying to massage my toe. I bit on my lip, trying to stop myself from breaking into a fit of swears.

“Alex, what did you do?” Seth asked me as he rushed over to steady my pain stricken body.

“I stubbed my toe, you idiot and I’m trying not to scream bloody murder!” I hissed at him. I wanted to commit murder when I heard him chuckle. “Clumsy little Alex.” he said to me in a baby voice. I glared at him though he probably couldn’t even notice. Tears were brimming my eyes. Stubbing your toe hurts like a freaking bitch!

“Get off of me. Go stand next to the door and warn me if you hear my father.”