four

I follow the Angel back to the heavens. As we land in front of the gate, my wings go back into my skin. I try to keep my face void of emotion as I wonder why they had requested me; I had not heard from angels in years.

We walk through the gates, and curious Angel's follow us to the temple of the Archangels.

They all stand before me, heads held high, shoulders rolled back, chest puffed out, and wings on full display—the high and mighty.

"What am I needed for? I thought I am only a reaper?" I lift one of my brows in question.

"We have another quest, Thana," Micheal states, looking down at me. Both literally and figuratively.

I tilt my head waiting for him to continue. "You are to make friends with Lucifer," Angel's around me gasp, I bust out laughing.

I'm laughing; other Angel's are looking at me with eyes wide in shock.

I'm laughing as I bend over, I feel the glares from the Archangels.

I wipe an imaginary tear as I look back up at them "You guys really had my wings tied up for a moment, I thought you were serious." I state as an extra giggle escapes my lips.

"Anyway, so what is this real quest? Or is this an April fool's joke? Is it April on earth? I can't remember?" I state as I scratch my head.

"Thana," Raphael states looking at me seriously.

Oh God, they are serious?

I stomp my foot as I whine "Aw come on, really," Raphael rolls his eyes at my response.

"Why am I doing this? Why does he have to even know who I am?" I question. I had never met Lucifer; I had heard his voice during my time in hell but had never met the fallen Angel that rules hell.

"We have already sent three Angel's and they failed, now we are sending you." I cross my arms and roll my eyes. "We have to connect hell and heaven again; if we can form a treaty between us all, then things would run a lot smoother," Raphael explains further, causing Michael to send him a glare.

"So you send three angels and then give up on the Angel's, I think you should give them another try." I shrug my shoulders; I really don't want to go; I've been to hell before, of course, in more of a prisoner's sense but still. No one wants to go to hell.

"We are just trying different people, Thana, please don't fight us on this." I sigh at Raphael's pleas; I did have a soft spot for him; he is the only Angel not utterly full of himself.

"Fine, but I still get to do my job, and I don't have to stay there," I state my conditions, Michael opens his mouth to speak, but Raphael interrupts him quickly.

"Deal." I nod as I turn my back.

"Oh, and Thana," I turn at Michael's voice and see him looking at me with a smirk. "Don't fall in love with the devil. It won't work out for you in the end."

I roll my eyes at his words. "What even is love?" I state as I walk off.

Oh please, me fall in love? I don't see that happening.

****

I walk through the door of my cottage and see Morana. She sends me a worried smile. "So, how did it go?"

I put my scythe on the makeshift hanger for it and then sit on the couch. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you," I state as I let my head roll back and close eyes.

"Oh come on, try me," I hear her voice push. I look at her with a pointed look.

"I'm supposed to make the devil trust me basically," I state, and her eyes widen she then starts to laugh.