Twelve

"Aren't you going to the Event the archangels are hosting?" Morana states as she rummages through my closet while I sit on my bed watching her.

It's been three days since my incident in hell and the moment between Lucifer and me. I have done everything I possibly can to avoid him. I don't even know what I would say? I hate awkward situations, especially romantic ones. Lucifer and I had a moment, I can't deny it, and I can't let that continue. I will not let anything form between us. 

"Thana?" My head snaps up to Morana in confusion before remembering her question. I roll my eyes with my answer. 

"Well yeah, none of us have a choice." 

"Maybe Lucifer will be there," Morana states with a wink my way, and I roll my eyes at her words. "I heard everyone is supposed to attend the announcement, and they want us to wear something exquisite. Yet all you have is your regular clothing." Morana grumbles as she looks at me with a glare. I ignore her mention of Lucifer, not wanting to talk about her ship.

"Luckily I brought some of mine," She smiles as she walks over to the pile of dresses. "Don't worry; I brought the black ones." I roll my eyes again as I watch her pick one up. I barely glance at it before scrunching my nose up.

"To sparkly," I state, and she glares at me. 

"Come on. It'll look good on you." I narrow my eyes at her words, and she scoffs and puts the dress down, picking up another one. "This one is better right?"

I shrug my shoulders, looking at the pile of dresses, it was the only one not poofy and not completely covered in glitter. 

"Fine," I grumble, causing her to sigh in relief. 

"Good now, put it on." 

I loudly groan as I take the dress and strip out of the robe. I quickly put the dress on, and Morana smiles in approval. 

"Perfect!" She claps her hands together, "Now let me go get my dress on, and I'll be right back, and we can go together." Morana excitedly leaves, and I cringe at her excitement.

I look in the mirror and run my fingers through my hair. I then take it and put it up in an elegant bun, then take pieces on the side out to frame my face. I harshly sigh as I stare at my reflection. The different colored eyes always threw me off, and my pale skin made them creepier. The two different colors in my hair also threw it off. I looked dead yet alive. 

I wonder what Lucifer thought of my appearance, did he find it creepy, was I ugly? All the other reapers had an odd beauty to them, did Lucifer think I was oddly beautiful? I shouldn't care what he thinks, yet here I am, acting like a twelve-year-old. I just hope he doesn't attend this stupid event. 

I sigh as I turn from the mirror while chewing on my bottom lip. This event had me feeling uneasy. The angels never host stuff like this; they are way too ornery to act like humans by hosting an event.