Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

My previous confusion was easily eradicated when it came to 7am the next morning. Apparently, Daddy had got in contact with Viper while I was in the abyss of darkness that is induced with sleep and demanded that he at least makes sure that I attend school each day as he does not want me to get in any bother. 

He knew that if it was upto me then I would simply lie in bed for the rest of the day and the become truly active as the night and all of the pleasures the darkness hid rolled in and bathed me in its riches. Unlike my brother, I was willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that those supid mutts payed the price for what they did to me, even if they did suspect I was only a human even though personally I see no reason why that should change the way they act, think and feel. Its ridiculous, using the power they have been so generously granted as a leeway to act as though they are better than the humans, more important than them when in reality it is anything but. 

"Viper, why do I even have to attend? It isn't like this is going to have any impact on my future other than giving me just cause to eradicate my enemies, so, what is it hoped I will gain in my time here? That is, until we move against the treacherous mutts?"

I speak only the truth. 

Nothing I am going to learn here will help me in the future.

"My Princess, I know not what they hope for you to gain with your time here, I nor my clan is important enough to have the ear and trust of your father or brother, it is only now that war between us and the mutts becomes inevitable that they have begun negotiations in our favour."

Not important enough?

This immortal is the only one who can trace his roots to hell who has shown me even a sliver of kindness when I was in need of it and he isn't even important enough for Daddy to notice and listne to?

I voiced aloud my thoughts, "that is utterly idiotic! You are the kindest vampire I have ever met and yet you are not deemed important? Well I am going to change that!"

It was almost as if the air itself took a big breath and, with my decision, rearranged the fate of the vampire sitting across from me. I knew something drastic had happened, we just had to wait and see whether it would be good and bad for both me and for Viper. 

"How are you going to change that Princess? You are just one demon, powerful though you might be and I am simply a lowly  vampire, unworthy of your praise and trust."

Does he still not understand?

I do not give my praise lightly but here he is and for once, he has actually earnt the praise that he was given. He is what amounts to royalty in the vampire society but only nobility in our society and yet he still has impeccable manners and is willing to help others, even at the risk to himself.

"Lord Viper, you are not unworthy of either my trust or my praise, if anything, it is myself who is unworthy to be on the recieveing end of your kindness when I have done nothing to be so deserving in the first place. Of all of the Lords I have met in the year I have been aware of who I am, you have to be the nicest and most accepting of them all."

To say he looked shocked would be an understatement and it made me wonder, had he never heard such a kind word from Daddy or even from my brother? 

I had thought that they had good relations with all of their subjects, of all types. 

"My Princess, to hear such words from the mouth of my Princess is more than I ever had hoped to accomplish, but, now, I am glad to have been the one to show you such kindness. I am appreciative of all of this but we must really get out of the car, your brother awaits."

Ah.

That.

I suppose we really should be going if they are being their usual impatient selves. 

"Just know Lord Viper, we shall be continuing this conversation later," and we would be. Someone as kind as him deserves more recognition for his kindness than he is recieving and, for someone who was nearly beaton to death, kindness is always appreciated. 

Stepping out of the car was almost quiet and it would have been perfect if not for the scream of anger and bellowing shout of an angry werewolf.