Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I was floating, where, well, I don't know the answer to that but it was so peaceful. 

I couldn't feel the ache in my bones from the labour I am forced to endure day after day just to scrape by and even then I barely have enough to pay the rent and buy enough food to last me until my next pay-cheque.

Nor could I feel the bruises that were surely forming on basically each and every part of my body from the beatings I am forced to endure.

But, all too soon, that peaceful floating came to an end, along with my peace of mind. It was replaced by the worst burning sensation that seemed to start right where I imagine my heart would be if it hadn't been repeatedly crushed time and time and time again, one time after the other. Firstly by my father leaving me with two inexperienced morons and, when I finally begin to trust them, they uproot me from my home and force me to move to a town in the middle of nowhere where I am constantly bullied and, when I begin to think of them as my parents and they of me as their daughter, Clarice dies and Mark is hospitalised and in a comatose state until he wakes up to find he is paralysed. 

Life for me has never been easy and this is just one new thing to add to the long list of things that are either wrong with me, have gone wrong because of me or I just think are wrong and should never  happen. Instead of the burning staying in the chasm where my heart once belonged, it spread all over my body until I was practically engulfed in flames and I couldn't help letting the scream erupt from my mouth in which I discovered that I was not in actual fact alone, but was simply surrounded by voices which in turn was surrounded by a pure black abyss.

"Guys! It's nearly over! Quick! GET IN HERE ALL OF YOU!"

"Jessica! There is no need to shout and scream, we are all in the same room as you, we aren't on earth!"

"Well, don't scorch me!"

"Don't tempt me then!"

"Stop being such a-"

"WILL BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP! MY BABY SISTER HAS JUST UNDERGONE A DIFFICULT TIME AND I HIGHLY DOUBT SHE WILL WANT TO WAKE UP TO YOU TWO ARGUING!"

"Yes Sir!"

By this point, the blackness that enveloped me was beginning to fade and I could vaguely make out roughly 7 shapes looming above wherever the hell I was laying. I knew I was no longer in my bed in my own flat in MY neighbourhood because I could actually feel the feathers inside the fluffy pillow and there were no springs brutally attacking my spine from the old lumpy mattress I found in a second-hand store. 

I felt something shift in the room and the next thing I know is that somebody is cradling me in their arms, much like that of what an older sibling would do to the younger sibling that they cherish above all else. Hmm, maybe I have a secret brother who wants to get to know me know that I have been 'found' again.

"Jailean, can you hear me?"

"Shut it Cam, she obviously can hear you, her heartbeat increased when we started to argue, can't you hear it?"

"Jess, I'm warning you, don't tell me to shut up!"

"I just did Camerooooonnn, whatcha going to do about it?"

"WILL THE BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT UP BEFORE I GO AND GET DAD!?"

Neither of them got a chance to reply as it was at that precise moment that my eyes fluttered open of their own accord and I was met by a pair of blood red eyes peering lovingly into my own boring eyes.

I don't know who he was but I imagine that he was the one who was cradling me to his chest, and, may I be the first to add that it is a very, and I mean very, toned chest. Wait a moment, WHO THE HELL IS HE!

Screaming, I pushed away from him only to do one of the most idiotic things I have done in a long time, I turned my back on the enemy and, if there is one thing I have learned off of watching True Blood on a Monday night, it is to never, ever take your eyes off of the goal or turn your back on your enemy. Like that time where Sookie trusts Rene and he tries to murder her when she is not expecting it, is that why I'm here? So they can kill me?

"Jailean, calm down, please, none of us mean you any harm, if anything, we would be glad and honoured to give up our very lives for you if you demanded it, you are after all, very important," said one of the girls, the blonde haired blue eyed one who I identified to be Jess with her very unique voice.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why Jailean?"

"I mean why am I so important? You are the second person to tell me something along the same lines in as many, wait, what day is it?"

This time, one of the boys stepped forward, this one had black hair with orange tips, it looked amazing! "It's Sunday."

No. Way!