Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

"SHUT UP BRADY! DAMIEN HAS TRIED, LEIAH HAS TRIED AND SO HAVE THE TWINS WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I AM GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU MORE THAN THEM!?"

I am furious.

Hell, that isn't a strong enough word to describe the amount of anger I am feeling right now.

If I could get out of here, I am pretty sure that I would go on a killing spree. 

Where am I?

Locked in a basement with no source of light and no means of escaping the reinforced steel walls and doors. 

"Look Jai, we're sorry about locking you down here but we had no choice!"

No choice!

No choice!

How dare he come down here and preach to me about choices!

"DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT CHOICE! I HAD NO OPINION IF I WANTED THAT THING TO BE MY BELOVED! HE'S A FILTHY MUTT! SO DON'T DARE TALK TO ME ABOUT CHOICES WHEN YOUR BELOVED IS FUCKING PERFECT!"

I couldn't even see my 'cousin' to seduce him into letting me out! This is honestly ridiculous, it's not like I'm going to join forces with the more rebellious vampires and kill them all off, including that ugly little dick. 

Okay, maybe I would but can you really blame me after everything I have been through at the hands of wolves?

Thankfully, we demons don't have whole other personalities inside of our frigging heads talking to us about not harming them, and, even if I did I would still find a way to get my manicured nails around his throat and completely tear it out!

"Jai, Damien is beside himself with worry about you! You tried to kill the alpha! Are you crazy?"

"Yes, yes I am but with terrible moments of sanity my dear cousin!"

It wasn't long before he gave up just like the rest of them. 

Damien thought that shouting would get me to calm down. Nope! Just riled me up even more.

Jessica and Cameron thought that witty banter would calm me down, and, again nope! Just made me want to protect them from the mutts even more.

Leiah tried to get me to calm down by bribing me with food, and, if I am honest, I nearly gave into that one but then I thought about how they scared me so much that I was scared to come out of my apartment even for food when I was human. 

Last but not least Brady thought he would get me to calm down by being the reasonable one but again that didn't work. Never has never will, I simply don't respond to it. 

Some part of me deep deep down knew that they were just worried about me but, when I knew for sure that what the mutt claimed was true, all I could see was red and, unfortunately for them, it wasn't the good type of red. 

**********FLASHBACK**********

I looked around to see the shocked faces of my friends, family and the vampire coven and the smirking and seemily victorious faces of the werewolf pack. Did they know that I was the very same person that they had nearly beaten to death for being a weaker species than themselves. 

Not trusting the unfamiliar look of lust mixed with want in Bailee's eye, I began to back away from the crowd of werewolves with Wiley and Whitney in the front followed closely by Bailee and Josef on either side with Bailee slightly further forward than Josef and to my own group. I backed away until I was a safe distance away, well, as big a distance as can be in a hallway and threw myself, quite literally, into Damien's arms where he began speaking and adressing the mutts. "You cannot be serious! She is not yours! She can't be!"

A growl ripped through the hallway that made Leiah whimper until she was pulled into an embrace by her beloved. "Don't ever say that she isn't mine! That is for me to decide not you! I am her mate and therefore her owner!"

Seeing as though I was in Damien's arms, I felt not only him but all of the demons tense, and, the vampires must have felt the change as they began to hiss in anger at the blatant disrespect towards a prince and princess of Hell. Forget them being furious, I was furious!

He owns me!?

Who the Hell does he think he is!

I am owned by nobody but my beloved chai!

Eh, so what if I am in love with it, it is soothing, sue me!

I didn't hesitate to jump out of Damien's arms, and, when he tried to hold me back, well, lets just say that I don't think he will be able to use his right hand for a couple of hours if it heals properly.

"Owner?! Care to explain what you mean?"

He looked genuinely delighted at this and, to be honest, I just felt sick. Seeing him look even remotely happy with something to do with me makes me feel disgusted in not only whatever decides who belong together but in myself, even if I couldn't exactly help who I was paired with. I feel dirty to be even considering the fact that there is a slight possibilty he has changed. "Well, didn't you know mate, that in our society, the males own the females and everything they own in return?"

Oh Hell no!

I will die before I allow him to touch what is mine!

I could feel the smirk etch itself onto my face and I knew that it must have set off warning bells in their heads that, being the dogs they are, they decided to ignore. "Oh, well then mate, in your society as you put it, what is the view on demons?"

As soon as the word demon came out of my mouth it just reiterated the fact that when placing us together a huge mistake had been made just by the look of disgust and hatred that was on his face. I had thought it would have been my beloved who answered but it was not, instead, it was his idiotic and pathetic excuse of an alpha. "Demons are vile and cruel and do not deserve the life they are given!" He said it with such conviction that it made me wonder what had hapened to make him hate us that much and it almost, note the 'almost' in that statement, made me feel sorry for him for I came to the conclusion that whatever it was had seriously messed him up.

The next ten minutes was all a blur, but, by the time that Damien, Brady and Leiah had managed to pry me off of the now unconsious werewolf his face was a mess of blood and bruises and my knuckles were all cut open and bleeding. Don't get me wrong before I rendered him unconcious he had managed to lay a few good hits on me but his defensive moves were nothing compared the offfensive moves that I was capable of dishing out when I was just mildly angry but by the time we began I was already bloody furious.

When we got home, they threw me down in the basement, took my phone and locked the door..

**********END OF FLASHBACK********** 

I really need to find a way out of here so I can finish the job I started along with the vampires.

They had really brought Hell itself to them and their pack...