Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“No, I am in fact an incubus,” and, considering that I am interested in mythology, mainly mythology where Demons and Demonic creatures such as Cerberus are featured, I knew what am incubus was as soon as he told me and it certainly explained why he was the very epitome of sexy manliness. Could I believe him though? Is everything I was ever told about the monster under the bed not being real a lie or could my 'parents' simply have not known? If that was the case, why is an incubus revealing himself to me when I have not invited him not requested him to come to the surface where it should be impossible for him to travel to without the express invitation of the person he was to 'visit'.

There was just one thing worrying me, why would he come to me? I mean, I am not the nicest, the smartest nor the prettiest girl in the vicinity, I was more on the average in a nerdy way. If he really is an incubus, which, I actually do not find so outrageous because I believe that all myths and legends have to stem from even a grain of truth and I seriously doubt that so many different stories and legends for one creature can be made up entirely yet still resemble one another so closely, meaning, I do not and never have believed that only humans inhabited the Earth. Until now though, I had no proof. 

Deciding that I was going to give him a chance to prove that he was what he claimed to be, despite his blatantly obvious sex appeal, I made some sort of hand gesture that urged to continue telling his story and to make it believable. Somehow, I managed to convey what I wished of him because one moment he was still stood a fair distance away from me but almost too fast for me to comprehend, he had seated himself on the sofa next to me. “Considering you're not asking me what the hell I am taking I take it that you find at least an ounce of truth in what I am saying and your curiosity is getting the better of you, am I correct mon petite copain?”

“I don't mean to be rude but unless you actually have a point and reason for disturbing me other than exposing yourself I suggest you leave, I am sore, tired and moody and to top it all off, it's only flipping Monday,” I all but growled out and I couldn't help but let out a mental laugh. I'm growling, huh, maybe I'm a werewolf. 

'You're not a werewolf honey.'

Huh?

Am I talking to myself, and getting a reply?

Oh no, I really am going crazy!

'You're not crazy either.'

I was knocked out of my little mental conversation by hearing my name repeated over and over and over again by a certain succubus. “Jailean. Jailean. Jailean. Jailean. Jailean. Jailean, devil damn it woman, answer me!”

I don't know where all of these feelings of confidence and authority were coming from but I am starting to like the sudden urges I keep getting to make people listen to me and respect what I say, do, and think, like when I had a go at Wiley and his pathetic cronies. “WOMAN! WOMAN! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO ADRIAN!” Oh my jeebers, why the hell would I call him Adrian when I don't even know who the hell he is or whether he is what he says he is.

He bows his head as a sign of respect which when coupled with the faint tinges of pale red and dark pink staining his cheeks and creeping its way up his neck just makes him that much more appealing. “I apologise m'lady, may I be as bold as to ask what happened then?”

Do I tell him that I was having a conversation with myself?

Don't I tell him that I was having a conversation with myself?

Decisions..

Decisions..

Decisions..

Seeing as how he opened up to me almost immediately after we met about what he is, I suppose I can tell him that I am a lunatic who hears voices in her head and actually enjoys a conversation with them and has done ever since her, I mean my, 12th birthday. Surely it can't do any harm to tell one person so he can tell me whether I need to book myself into a mental asylum for the mentally deranged. I don't know whether it was my lack of friends to discuss things with or simply the fact that I was socially awkward and deprived of any experience of how to act in certain social situations like the one at present was what made me decide to open up to someone fully for the first time ever, well, somebody other than Mark and Clarice and, dare I mention him, my blood father. 

“Well, where could I possibly begin?”

It was supposed to be a rhetorical question and dramatic start so imagine the surprise when not only did he answer it with a semi-sensible answer but with one that almost, and I mean almost, made me crack a full blown smile.

“I believe the start would suffice, don't you agree?”

I mean, where else was I going to start, the flipping middle?

“Well, it all began with...” it took me a good half an hour to tell him about my father and then what happened at school and how everyone immediately hated me and more than half of the student population began bullying me, as well as the beatings that I took and what they made me do to lessen the pain they would inflict  on me day in day out, even with my 'parents' doing their best to give me everything I could ever need. Along with the bullying stories, I told him of how one moment, life at home was perfect and the next it all came crashing down with my 'mums' death and 'dads' accident and how that forced me to where I am living, working, slaving away every single day just to earn barely above minimum wage. As my tale of tragedy progressed, I could see Adrian getting increasingly angry and I am assuming at the way fully grown and muscular males were treating poor innocent girls such as myself. “Oh, and I failed to mention that for years now I have been hearing a sort of voice in my head which tells me what to do and it has been getting more dominant over the last week and I think I need to be checked into an institution for the mentally deranged. So there, that's my life story, it's quite a story isn't it?”

I think that last comment completely threw him over the edge of anger and into raw unadulterated fury, and, thankfully, it wasn't focused on me but on the jerks who go around like they are big and hard when in reality they are nothing but complete and utter cowards. 

“STORY! STORY! IT'S MORE LIKE A HORROR STORY! NOBODY DESERVES TO BE TREAT LIKE THAT, ESPECIALLY NOT SOMEONE AS IMPORTANT AS YOU! DO THEY NOT KNOW WHO IN HELL YOU ARE!”

I couldn't just sit there and watch him wreck my flat with his anger, so, remaining careful and not threatening in any way, I inched towards him cautiously and gently laid my hand on his bicep, and, after a few minutes listening to his heavy, laboured breathing, he eventually calmed down enough so that he wasn't like a ticking time bomb just waiting for a spark to set it off.

“Adrian, it's fine, honest, so, um, where do you live?”

Shoot me, I'm curious, I mean, it's not like I'm gonna meet another mythical creature being the lowly and humble human being I am.

“Jailean, I have something to tell you, but, promise me one thing?”

“Okayyyyyyyyy?” I say extending the y sound and making it sound more like a question because I'm extremely curious as to what he has to tell me when he only just met me. 

“Well, um, you're well, um, sort of, well, asuccubuswhoneedstocometohellwithmebrforeyouundergoyourtransormationandturnintoyourtrueselfnotyourhumanvesselandwellyourdadmayjustbesomebodyreallyimportantinHellandImeanreallyimportantbecauseherulesoverhellmakingyoutheheirtohisthroneifyouwantitwhenyoucomeofageorheretiresandwehavetoleavenowtodayrightnowlikethissecond.”

What the hell!

How the hell did he manage to speak that quick, it was sort of like he was nervous about something but surely somebody as powerful as a demon can't be scared of a little human nerd like me?

Can he?

“Well I said, you are a succubus who needs to come to hell with me before you undergo your transormation and turn into your true self not your human vessel and well your dad may just be somebody really important in Hell and I mean really important because he rules over hell making you the heir to his throne if you want it when you come of age or he retires and we have to leave now, today, right now, like, this second.”

With that, he grabbed me by my waist, said some really weird jibberish words that went a little something likt 'eshtoth mansht azerkia Helleth boundeth monunmbe transportum' which I guess is some kind of spell and all I saw was black...