Chapter 1: Safe In Your Arms

Camille's POV.

I'm sitting in my college class. Only 20 more minutes until this class is over. This is too much. I didn't know Law School would be this hard, but one more year of school and I'm finish with this. It'll all be worth it. I especially wanna see my boyfriend Jaden, who I've been together with for almost 2 years.

He's so sweet, funny, cute, loveable. He's just perfect everything you want in a guy. 

Night Time ; 9:30 pm.

"Come on, Camille. Come sit on my lap." Jaden says patting his laps. I shake my head, laughing.

"I can't I have work to do." I say. "Plus, I wanna go out on my walk on the beach, like I always do on a Friday."

"Pwease?". Jaden poked out his lips, doing his puppy dog face. His face was so adorable. 

 I went over there and sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and I wrapped my arms around his arms. We stared into each others eyes for a moment. He broke the silence.

"How did I get such a beautiful girl, like you?" he said kissing my lips and caressing my cheeks. "I'm so lucky."

"More like I'm the lucky one. How did I get such a handsome, smart, funny, charming, lover boy like you?" I say pecking his lips.

"Ah, I mean. I am pretty awesome." 

I punch him playfully.

"Ow, babe. That hurt." he said. I laugh.

"Sorry, now let me go for my nightly walk, before it gets too late."

"Fine." he said letting go of me.

I get up. I grab my camera. I love photography by the way, it's just beautiful.

"I'll be back babe." I say leaving the house.

- 15 minutes later.

I've been walking on this beach for 5 minutes and I already feel eyes on me. Not the pleasant eyes, like someone is stalking me or something. I didn't like this feeling. At all, but I just ignored it. Maybe, I was just going crazy. I just continued to think about things that has happened in my life and stared at the beautiful blue ocean. I took a few pictures of the ocean and sand. Next thing you know my phone rings. I'm thinking it's Jaden. So, I pick it up smiling. Thinking he sent me one of those corny, loving texts. But I was wrong....

I'm back. the text read.  It was from an unknown number.

I looked around scared as hell. I didn't know what the it meant. Maybe, it was sent from a wrong person and meant to send to another person. I decide to turn around and cut my walk short. As soon as I turn around, I felt a sharp pain to my stomach. It was stinging and it hurt so badly. I fell to the ground, screaming and holding my stomach. This wasn't any regular pain I've ever had. I've actually never had this pain. Ever in my life. Tears fell from my eyes.

I looked up to see a stapled note stuck to my stomach. Who the hell does that. I pulled out the staple from my stomach. It took me a few seconds to get it out. I looked at the note, that was stapled to me.

Oh so you thought this was a joke? No, babe. This is the real thing. You don't remember me Camille? I'm sure you do. I promise you, when we meet again you'll know exactly who I am. How can you forget your first love?

First love? Wait, who was my first love? I thought the only boy, I've been with it Jaden and the only one I've actually really love, but Jaden wouldn't do this right?

I run home scared. The blood was dripping off my stomach. It just wouldn't stop bleeding. 

After 15 minutes. I finally got home. I was holding my stomach, trying to hide the blood from Jaden. I don't feel like him being worried about me.

I speed walk past him as I get in the house and go into the bathroom.

"Camille, are you okay?" Jaden ask knocking on the door. 

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine babe." I say putting peroxide on my cut. I jumped from the stinging of the pain.

I'm so scared. Who could this person be?

First love?

Those two words ran through my head all night. 

First love. First love. First love. First love. First love. First love.

Then I remembered the text. 

I'm back.

Where could my supposively 'first love' have gone? Why would he leave? 

I go out the bathroom and sit in my room. I see him laying in bed shirtless. I bit my lip at the sight. He knows I like it when he's shirtless.

"Like what you see?" Jaden said smirking.

I shaked my head and giggled.

 I'm still thinking about this whole situation or maybe I'm just crazy?

This can't be happening to me.

"Babe... are you okay?" Jaden said.

I didn't realize I was staring at the ground. I'm just gonna have to keep quiet about this.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say walking over to him. "I just need to take a shower."

"Can I come?" 

"AHHH NO!" I say laughing.

"Damn." he says chuckling.

I take a shower and come back to bed.

"Aw, I miss you the whole 10 minutes you were in the shower."

I laughed.

"You can't wait 10 mins for me?"

"Not even 3 seconds." he said grabbing me and making me cuddle with him.

I loved cuddling with him. It made me feel.... safe.

"Jaden." I say.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." he says stroking my hair and kissing my neck.

"I have a question for you."

"That question is?"

"Would you protect me through anything?" I ask.

"Of course babe. What type of question is that?"

"I was just wondering."

"Oh well. Of course I would protect you. You mean a lot to me. I don't know how I could handle seeing you get hurt."

I smile.

"Gosh, you're so perfect." I say.

"Only for you baby." he says.

I peck him on his lips and close my eyes. Next thing you know, I fall asleep.

Safe in his arms...