Bone Carver

Prompt: You're the only person Bone Carver let's see through his illusions.

Night after night he would find his way into your bed perhaps used to the freezing cold of the jail cell he would always end up above the covers.

A victim of the cold air that paved the way for Winter Solace.

Winter Solace was tomorrow actually and your friends oblivious to the discovery of your mate insisted you spend the day with them.

Even though you reassured them that you would be fine in your own apartment as you didn't want to intrude.

Everyone had their own groups you see and it seemed like you were always that one person unsure of where to go.

But nether the less you decided you would go after awhile of convincing from Carver.

"Just don't sleep over"

He had muttered a demand that night into your neck.

He'd planned to come over that night so you agreed.

The celebration was great the exchanging of gifts was festive and everyone had a huge smile on their face.

You were as happy as you could be without your mate by your side. 

The gift you left for him was simple since you didn't know how he would feel about it.

A ring black in color with a few meaningful words engraved on the inside

It's wasn't anything over the top but it reminded you of him you didn't expect him to wear it though.

You only wanted him to note its significance and understand the message you were trying to send.

Which he did and by the time you got home late that night, it was hard to detach from the others the box you left on the table was gone and in its place was a slightly longer one.

Grey in color you walked towards the table and quietly set your things down excitement clawing at your heart.

You cracked open the box to reveal a beautiful necklace.

Beautiful it was beautiful and you would treasure it forever

With a smile you leaned into his chest his scent trapping you in a permanent state of bliss.

"It's beautiful"

Carver kissed your jaw wrapping an arm around your waist.

"It reminded me of you but I couldn't find anything that compared to your beauty in the slightest."

You turned to face him a bright and haughty smile on your face.

"I will treasure it."

He placed a kiss on your lips like usual your fingers found his locks when he lifted you with ease carrying you off to the bedroom.

Unaware of what would happen the next morning.

——————————————————————

It was the slam of the front door that woke you making you glance to the now empty but still messy side of the bed.

"Y/n/n" someone called from the living room and your pelvis groaned from a familiar soreness when you sat up.

The weight of the situation fell upon you and you pulled the sheets up to cover your chest just in time to see the bedroom door open.

"Oh shit" was the very first thing you heard, Mor.

And someone, Cassian probably whistled from behind her.

Your face reddened and you covered your face with a unoccupied hand then ran a hand through your wild hair.

"What are yo-!"

"Were here to drop off some things you left but it seems like you are or were busy we'll uh- we'll wait in the living room."

Eternally embarrassed you ran a hand through your hair one last time and got up quickly to wash up and pull on your clothes to look presentable.

The shirt you had on wasn't yours but you didn't care you proceeded to spend 10 minutes attempting to cover up hickeys with your hair but ended up giving up and going to the living room.

To cater to unexpected guests.

"I'm sorry guys I really wasn't expecting you!"

You say breaking the silence and readying yourself for questioning.

"Was it a one time thing?" questioned Mor.

To which you responded with a shake of the head.

"My mate was here last night"

You were cut off by a smirking Cassian.

"And here we thought you were the innocent!"

You were about to respond but someone beat you to the punch.

"Oh she's anything but innocent she's rather devilish if were being honest."

You scoffed playfully at that.

"No one is more devilish than you Carver"

Mor and Cassian froze which peaked your curiosity.

"What do you guys see?"

They both looked at you oddly and you just shrugged.

"His illusion shows up differently to everyone" you explained.

And Mor finally spoke up after gasping for a second longer.

"What do you see?"

You smiled.

"I can see through his illusions they don't work on me."

She went back to staring and you chuckled looking up at your mate.

"Why do you show people only your illusions?"

He moved from the door frame deciding to let the illusion drop for a moment to allow them to see him in his full glory and his glowing gold eyes.

"I'm really sorry I didn't tell you sooner, he's my mate and I've been with him for a while now."

They only gaped until Cassian decided to speak up.

"Just wait until Rhys finds out"