Varian

Prompt: Varian and Amren's sudden closeness makes you nervous.

You weren't a attention seeker really you weren't if anything you a bit of a wallflower never appreciating too many eyes on you.

But that didn't mean you disliked being wanted somewhere.

You remember when it used to be normal back when Rhysand's third in command was oblivious to your mates existence.

Now that might sound horrible but hear me out before Amren became part of the Inner Circle you were supposed to be the future third in command.

Things changed once Amren came around tho easily drawing in everyone's attention and holding it.

You had no one else to blame, she was easier on the eyes, she also was perfect with social interactions.

She made it clear that she was looking for the role of Third in Command and you forfeited it willingly almost to willingly.

You still remembered the day that Rhysand spoke to you about it.

                               (Flashback)

"You know I have to choose who's the best fit and who I think will be the most providing in this situation".

"I know"

I responded blankly and lacking emotion after all you'd done to get as close as you are today all you'd sacrifice did not matter at all to him.

"I-"

He was trying to let you down easily and you were tired of it tired of waiting for those words that were guaranteed to break you.

So you let out a snarl and basically hissed our your words.

"Just say it Rhysand, say I'm not good enough.

Say I've been wasting all of my time on getting this far just to have someone you've known for only a month take this position away from me!"

Cassian muttered a warning.

"Watch it."

You turned to face him nothing but a searing flame in your eyes.

"Fuck off and mind your damn business, I can care less about anyone's thoughts on me or what I say right now, it's my mouth I'll say what the fuck I want got it."

Cassian's face only held shock as he stared at you like you were a different person, a person they never saw coming.

                       (End of Flashback)

Things have been different ever since it was like everyone you used to call friends were walking on eggshells around you.

Eventually you stopped trying to make things right because you didn't have anything to make right you had a right to be angry.

Amren you made absolutely no attempt to speak to her you being in the Inner Circle confused you now.

The Inner Circle was made of people in charge of something in Rhysand's land.

Azriel was a spymaster, Cassian a Commander, Rhysand The High Lord, Feyre The High Lady and Mor well you forgot what she was.

Why were you in this Circle?

That question took over your mind making you question everything until you met Varian then your reason of being around suddenly became clear.