infuriatingly beautiful

"you were right, I love her."

"you are infuriatingly beautiful"

—————————————-

Love,
A four letter word
So simple yet
Able to say so much

—————————————-

Five's POV:

I sat at the table, running my fingers through my hair anxiously, trying for focus on the feeling of my hair parting and massaging my scalp instead of the pure stupidity of what I was about to do. I glanced up as Klaus entered the room, a goofy grin on his face and clothed only in a pair of unicorn underwear. I groaned and threw a robe at him, trying to stop a small smile creeping onto my face at his pout of disappointment.

"What's up hermano?" Burped Klaus, patting his chest as he did so.

"That," I shriveled up my nose, "Was disgusting."

"I think you'll find it was impressive." Laughed Klaus, waving his hand in the air like an inspired painter, a very high painter may I just add. "Maybe one could even describe it as angelic."

I snorted, trying to cover up the nervous twitch in my stomach that had been prodding at my mind all morning. I had called Klaus to talk because of multiple reasons, but it all came down to one. Firstly, Digeo was out, and I couldn't speak to him and his almighty ego if I tried. Secondly, Vanya and Allison were not option, and I'd rather stab myself with my own ballpoint pen than talk about what I was about to say, and Luther just wasn't even in the picture. Klaus, I felt, was slightly less of a moron than one might think, which truly goes against anything I've ever said. However, here I was, spilling my guts out to an addict over lukewarm coffee which tasted like literal cardboard.

"You said it." I said suddenly, watching as Klaus's eyes flickered up to my face.

"What? That you're secretly horny?"

"No." I growled. "You were right, I love her."

Klaus grinned, and shot out of his chair, fist pumping the air.

"I knew it!" He exclaimed, turning to face me. "Call yourself a genius but I'm an intellectual martian."

I sighed, banging my head on the desk.

"What do I do?"

"Relax, man!" Klaus said, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Just tell her how you feel. At least she'll know."

I huffed in frustration and downed the rest of my coffee, and nodded in thanks towards Klaus before disappearing behind the door.

Y/n POV:

When he walked into the room, I could tell something was off. His usual cockiness and confident swagger was lowered, and I could almost feel the nerves radiating off of him.

"Hey, Five?" I asked. "What's wrong."

He glanced at me, his brow creasing slightly in decision. I patted the spot next to me, scooting over on my bed to make room for him. He sat, and then just looked at me. He stared, and stared and stared. I was starting to wonder if I was turning into a werewolf, when he suddenly broke the silence, the rustling if the covers filling my ears as he moved closer.

"I don't know how to do this." He mumbled, glancing down at his hands, which were fiddling furiously on his lap.

"Just try." I murmured, gently tilting his chin up so his eyes met my own. He smiled, a mischievous smile which spread across his face like wildfire, and I realized he was using his usual confidence to cover up whatever was going on in that beautiful mind of his. I basically fell into his eyes, plunging ten feet deeper into their rich color. I didn't even notice him lean in, tilt his head to fit mine. I didn't notice until his lips touched mine. Suddenly, it was like someone had switched the power on in my brain, and I was buzzing, feeling the adrenaline coursing through my veins. His lips moved gently, almost too gentle for me to bear, as I could tell he was holding back. When he pulled away, his mouth still rested on mine, their heat pulsing through my own skin.

"You Y/n," He mumbled.

"You are infuriatingly beautiful."