Flirt

I sat on the couch, skimming through a book, pages still smelling new. It was late afternoon and rain had just started to patter at the windows, gently landing on the glass before slipping down it's smooth surface, like tears on a cheek. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure place itself on the fabric next to me, the cushion sinking down as they did so.

"Hello Five." I greeted, stretching my legs out on the sofa and placing them on his knees. I saw him smile slightly.

"Hey Y/n."

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked stiffly, imitating Dad's accent as well as I could.

"Hmm," Hummed Five. "I guess I wanted to talk to you."

My eyes never left the book in front of me. All I wanted to do was look at him, the gorgeous boy who sat in my line of vision, but Allison had strictly told me to act uninterested. The problem with that was that I found everything Five said interesting, as he never wasted a word, just said it bluntly even if it was as sharp as a knife. And he never just wanted to talk to someone. I was practically pinching myself each time I got to the end of a page, not to look over the book when I went to the top again. A moment of silence smothered us in its cold blanket, wrapping around the air like it could hold it in place. Suddenly, my book was yanked from my hand. I leapt up, glaring at Five who had the literature held between his fingertips.

"What happened to you?" He asked, voice softening as his face did the same. It made him look so much younger, more human. "You've stopped listening to everything I say."

I darted across in an attempt to grab my reading material, but he spacial jumped out of the way, and gently slid it into a bookshelf.

"Oh common Five!" I whined, shoulders slumping in defeat. "Give it back."

"Let's see," He grinned, pausing as if he was actually thinking about it, and placing his finger on his chin. "No."

I cracked a smile, standing up beside him. He nudged my shoulder with his, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"What do you want?" I laughed, watching as a slight redness creeped into his skin.

"Uh- nothing really." He looked down at his feet and shrugged. "I just find you good company."

"Thanks." I whispered. I would have said it louder, but my heart had caught in my throat, and it was beating so fast I could barely breathe. Luckily, Allison sped round the corner and saved me
from embarrassing myself, and dragged me away, leaving Five standing there in the middle of the room.

"Looks like Five has a little crush on you!" Squealed Allison, grabbing my hand excitedly.

"You're talking nonsense." I said bluntly, trying to ignore the fluttery feeling that occurred whenever someone mentioned his name.

"Oh Y/n, you are so thick sometimes! He's totally flirting with you." She rolled her eyes in a duh kind of way before fixing them back on me. "You've totally got to flirt back."

"What do I even do?" I muttered, fiddling with my fingers and watching as Allison re-enacted multiple scenarios, each, I thought, as sickly sweet as the last, and all completely disgusting. When she pushed me back
to where Five was a few minutes ago, he was still standing there, flipping through the book I was reading before he so rudely interrupted me.

"Hi again." I squeaked, glancing behind  me as Allison face palmed. I quickly shooed her away.

"Hey." Snickered Five. I looked to the book he had in his hands and suddenly blanched. I was a doodler, and if something came into my mind, I would doodle about it. And Five crossed my mind a lot. The other day I had been doing that stupid thing in movies where they write the person's name and scribble hearts around it, and my accident, I had used it as my bookmark.  
And he was turning to that page now.

"Stop!" I shouted suddenly, in a quick bark. He froze, confusion washing over his face. Then he looked down on the page he had just opened and his jaw dropped slightly. I shriveled into myself, cursing my bad luck and wishing I could just die, right there on the wooden floor. Then I saw Five flush, smiling to himself, and he slid over beside me and placed a finger and thumb on my face to grip my chin, making my eyes lock with his. Those beautiful eyes. I just stared at him, to frozen to move, and he just stared at me, his cheeks heating up even more, bringing color to replace their paleness.  He then took a deep breath,I saw his hands were trembling, and pulled my lips to meet his. His movement was soft and sweet and passionate, filling the spaces in between my own lips with his. My stomach did so many flips that I was amazed it wasn't a gymnast, and my palms sweated, so I had to keep wiping them on my uniform. He didn't seem to notice as he pulled away, resting his forehead in mine and smiling shyly. I was about to say something, I'm not sure what, but it was building up in my chest, and I knew somehow it was going to be very embarrassing indeed. Luckily, Fivs saved my from myself as he gave me a quick kiss on my nose and whispered in my ear:

"You have no idea how much I love you."

I grinned to myself and watched as he disappeared behind the door, saying a quick hello to Allison, who was still standing outside, totally oblivious to what had just happened. She ran up to me.

"I swear, you had better tell me what-"

"Nothing happened." I lied, and sauntered past her, but paused before leaving. I turned back to her. "Sometimes, though, nothing can mean everything."