School Pt.1

Time ticked ever so slowly, the minute hand moving almost mockingly around the clock. It was history, my first period, and I already felt as though I had gone through the whole school day. My eyes flicked upwards as the headmaster and a boy whom I had never seen before walked into the room. The boy squirmed under the tight grip Miss Wheeler (the head)  had on his shoulder, steering him towards the front of the class.

"Ah, you must be Aidan." Smiled Mr Davis, our history teacher. "Would you mind telling us a little bit about yourself?" Aidan shifted from foot to foot, fiddling with his fingers.

"Well my name is Aidan Gallagher." He started, before being cut off by a squeal erupting from the front row. Of course it had to be Jessica. His jaw tensed as the whole class burst into murmurs of recognition. I kept my mouth shut, knowing that he probably wouldn't appreciate the attention. "Uh, I like to act and sing." He continued quicky, before looking at the teacher pleadingly. Mr Davis nodded, signalling he could go sit down. Aidan walked down the space between the chairs and took the seat next to me. I glanced over shyly, and, feigning confidence, stuck out my hand.

"Hi, I'm y/n." I said, smiling as his dimples poked into his cheeks when he grinned.

"I'm Aidan." He replied taking my hand and giving it a quick shake.

"I think the whole school knows that by now." I laughed, turning back to the front where Mr Davis was desperately trying to calm the swooning girls. "I guess that's what happens when you're-"

"A celebrity?" Finished Aidan, cutting me off. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

I smiled at him reassuringly. "Aw don't worry, the girls'll get over it in twenty years or so."

Just as I said it, Jessica walked over, flipping her hair like she was the queen of the world, which she probably thought she was. I often had fond dreams of filling her hat with hair dye, so when she put it on, it ruined her perfectly styled locks. Sadly, this fantasy was interrupted by her leaning on my desk to look straight at Aidan, squeezing her arms together to show as much non-existent cleavage as she could.

"I've watched all your TV shows, Aidan." She cooed, words dripping with honey. "Your acting is amazing. What about you pick me up at eight and you could teach me how to do it? I'd love to learn."

I scowled, putting my head in my folded arms. However, it snapped straight back up as I heard Aidan's voice.

"I'm sorry, Jessica was it? I don't think it's a good idea for you to learn from me. There are a lot of good acting classes around here though, you could always take one of those."

I smiled at his subtle rejection, watching as Jessica huffed and walked away, rolling her eyes as the other girls attempted to comfort her. I caught Aidan looking at me, and grinned even wider as he gave me a sly wink before turning back to the front of the class, where our very annoyed teacher stood, ready to scold our ears off.