Coffee and Crushes

This short, and the two others after this, have been suggested by XxArt_WormxX who has been an actual angel and given me so many ideas. Ilyyyy ❤️

(Ps. I'm sorry that it sucks so bad!)
----------------------------------------------

It had been a long day, and the feeling of the warm coffee I was holding relaxed my whirring mind, calming it down enough to focus on the moment I was currently in. The rain lashed down on the windows like thousands of little pins breaking against the glass pane, making me instinctively shiver when I looked outside.

I glanced up from my beverage when the door flew open, and a boy wearing fogged up glasses and a dark coat stumbled in from the storm outside. I didn't usually pay much attention to strangers, but this one sparked my interest as he surveyed the tables, looking for a place to sit. When his eyes met mine, I nodded my head towards the chair next to me, gesturing for him to take a seat. Grinning, he walked over and swung his jacket over the back of his chair before finally sitting down. His blue striped button up shirt was ruffled from the wind, and was wet at the collar, and my mind immediately wondered to how much that piece of clothing would have cost.

"Good afternoon."

It was the boy in front of me who spoke, and I realized that I had been staring at him silently for the past couple of seconds, which can feel like an eternity if you're in the wrong situation. I flushed, laughing slightly at myself.

"Hello. Lovely weather isn't it?" I said sarcastically, sneaking a peek behind the red curtain that draped over the glass, which was covered in condensation. When I looked back, the boy was cleaning his glasses, his gaze following mine and then snapping back to my eyes.

"I guess." He laughed. "What's your name?"

"Oh, I'm Y/n."

"Y/n." He murmured. I liked the way it rolled of his tongue and from his lips. "Nice name."

"Hm, thanks. And who are you?"

"I'm...Ricky." Decided the boy, nodding his head like he had only just chose to name himself that.

"Okay, Ricky. To what do I owe the pleasure of you sitting with me?"

"Grown up talk, wow. I suppose the rain is as brought us together." He got a mock faraway look in his eyes. "Apparently it's always the most romantic part in any movie." He paused, glanced at me, light eyes locking to mine as he gave me a slight smile, and I saw his cheeks tinge pink.

"Well, what do you think?"

"It's not too realistic, but I guess that's good sometimes. I like the parts when-" He paused again and laughed at himself. "I'm sorry, I'm rambling."

"It's okay." I reassured, and it was. I enjoyed listening to him, and looking at him. Something about his voice was so soothing, a soft, raspy kind of tone settling into my ears that made me want him to talk to me for hours. And his smile. Oh, his smile. It was gorgeous. Most of him was gorgeous to be honest, it was like he was out of a movie.

"What?" He laughed, self consciously rubbing his ear.

"I feel like I know you." I murmured, scrunching my eyes up as if it would help me see him better.

"You probably do." He muttered, running a hand through his hair. "My real name's Aidan Gallagher. I was hoping to go Incognito for a while."

"Huh." I said, startled to say the least, but no more or less interested in the adorable person in front of me. "To be honest, that doesn't change a thing."

"Really?" He asked, pulling out the good old puppy dog eyes, their innocence softening his striking features.

"Really." I grinned.

The sound of thunder rattled my eardrums, and I jumped slightly.

"You scared?" He asked childishly.

"Not really. Just thinking about how I'm going to get home. I walked here."

"My house is just down the street, if you want to come over." He offered, raising his eyebrows in question. I found myself flushing.

"Sure, why not."

So, after finishing my coffee, I waited for him to grab his coat, and we walked to the door. He hesitated just in front of the door.

"What are you doing?" I laughed, poking his side.

"Preparing myself." He answered simply. "Okay, three, two, one-"

Then, without warning, he darted over to me and placed a kiss on my nose. I looked at him and smiled slightly, before yelping as he tugged me outside. We raced into the rain, the sound of it slapping the pavement filling our senses as we interlocked hands and ran as quickly as we could towards where he had pointed out. As we went, I was repeating one phrase over and over in my head:

I suppose the rain is the most romantic part of the movies.