Chapter 35: The Battle, The Note, and The Clue

A note from Vissy: This chapter is violent.

Very violent.

It involves people being shot, people being slashed in half, and Steleto children mercilessly killing shadow people in various different ways.

If you are a squeamish person, I do not suggest reading this chapter.

Or anything after this. 

In fact, you should not read this is if you’re squeamish. 

Why are you reading this, squeamish people?

I'm getting off topic.

Read at your own risk.

Once we reached the center of the city, many people were already in battle against the supernaturally fast warrior shadow things.

Stein waved over a girl of about 21. “Charlotte! You’re here!” He turned to face us. 

“Vissy, Kristal, Reese, Violet, and Naomi, meet Charlotte Hunter. She’s the head of the Galveston Institute. 

“Charlotte, this is Visiniri Dakovsha, Crystalline Garnet, Violetta and Nefertiti Joaquin, and Reesalise Starr, my adoptive daughters.”

Charlotte waved at us. “Nice to meet you all.” She faced Stein.

“We need more power on the left flank and on the outskirts. Do you have the empowered kids?” 

“Yes. Vissy can kill and heal with one touch. Kristal can grow plants with a flick of the wrist. Violet and Naomi turn into dolls. Reese has super speed. You?”

“We have a few ideas, but nothing is for sure.” Charlotte added. A young girl about our age ran up to Charlotte. 

“Miss Charlotte? We have 5 legions of 39: One on the left, one on the right, two in the center, and one spread out on the outskirts. We need more power on the outskirts.” She said, her voice a little over a whimper.

“Thank you, Chloe.” The girl nodded, and pulled out a longsword as I got a good look at her.

She has brown hair with one blue highlight, currently tied up in a bun. Her eyes are stormy grey, framed with glasses. 

Her glasses are the stereotypical nerd ones, square with little silver dots on the corners.

She ran back into the battle, slashing a shadow in half quite graphically.

Stein grinned.