Chapter 16: The Hand-blood, The Cursing, and The Imagined Portal

We pounded at the walls-or was it the door-until I felt a liquid run down the sides of my fists and palms.

“God!” Kristal shouted. 

Now, to preserve the ears of our younger audience, I am going to replace the-cough, cough-special vocabulary with other words.

“DARE it! That little BARBWIRE Hannah locked us in this HABITAThole until we beat our AARDVARKS for something she could be doing, that little DATEBOOK.” Kristal shouted. 

“Kristal! Cursing is not going to get us anywhere. It will get us nowhere. Let’s try…” I looked through the darkness.

“Using our heads and our powers.”

“WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. I HAVE POWERS?!?!?!?”

“Yes. Yes, you do. I have them too. Remember the Alexa clones?”

She cringed. “That was real spooky. But how am I supposed to believe that all that you did?”

“I don’t believe it either. But let’s try. Hmm…” I paused. “Focus on one point in the darkness. Imagine a hole opening up that will take us out of here.” 

“Sure. Whatever.” Kristal muttered. 

I found the middle of what I thought was the room. In my imaginative head, I could see a glowing hole opening up, looking just like what the TARDIS soars through in the Doctor Who theme song, and we would jump in, and be where we need to be.

And for some reason, I had to suppress a laugh because Hannah’d be so nonchalant as Kristal would go all alpha-wolf on her AARDVARK. 

Kristal gasped. Pulling on my arm, she said, “Look! Niri! Look!” She pointed. I searched frantically around the room until I saw. Even I gasped.

((MWAHAHAHAHA CLIFFHANGER))