Chapter 24: The Blood, The Powers, and The Hug of Thanks

It aIl started when four familiar faces showed up at our door, begging and pleading for help.

I’ll give you 3 guesses for who those four are.

If you guessed Magka, Kaoline, Alexa, and Jack, you would be correct.

Congrats. You win absolutely nothing.

Back to the story.

Kristal and I were trying to find our special power-we tried stopping time and laser eyes. But suddenly, we heard a loud noise at the door. 

So we opened the door to find four people: Magka, Kaoline, Alexa, and Jack. That was enough of a shock.

But what was the biggest shock was three things.

They had bloodshot eyes that had bags. Their skin was ashen and grey.

I can usually resort to looking at Kaoline, because I can see her mood and emotions on her face. Her wave-eyes weren’t calm, they looked like the ocean in a storm. And her tattoo was white, pulsing quickly. She wasn’t even moving. Yup, something was wrong.

All 4 were covered in dirt, muck, what looked like ashes, and the grossest of all-blood. They were drenched in it.

Alexa began sobbing, and Kaoline hugged her tightly. “What happened?” Kristal asked, dragging them into the castle’s main hall. 

Jack spoke up. “We all went to the mall together, and we were on our way home, when I saw a shadow flash by. And then Magka started shaking, and then she collapsed. This shadow started attacking us, so we ran here.”

“So, why is Alexa sobbing?” I asked.

“Because when we were being attacked, the shadow touched her hand, and then she started screaming really loud.” Jack replied.

I almost called out for my family, but then, hey, Stein has that connection.

Testing, testing, 1,2,3. Can anyone hear me? I asked mentally.

Yup, I can hear you. Stein’s voice echoed in my brain.

Good. Four Steleto children are at the door, in bad condition. Something attacked them, they say it’s a shadow. One is bawling in pain. Can you get down here, or at least send someone down here?

I’ll get the twins, Reese, and Hannah down there.

Thanks.

Anytime. 

Sure enough, Reese poked me in the back. I jumped about a foot in the air. 

“I brought Hannah and the twins. What is it you need? Stein said something about a shadow attack.” Reese said.