Chapter 26: The Journal, The Sandwich, and The Awkward Hug

The first person I visited was Alexa. I knocked on her door softly, afraid she was asleep. 

Turns out she was-right on top of the bedsheets, so I opened the door softly and came in.

I moved her over a bit, pulled the covers down, and covered her up.

Then I checked on her hand, which was-thankfully-just fine.

I left, and went to check on Kaoline.

Knocking softly on her door, I whispered, “Can I come in?”

She responded, “Sure.”

Kaoline was sitting on her bed, reading a book. “Whatcha reading?” I asked, sitting down next to her. 

“It’s this old journal Hannah gave me. I thought there might be something about that shadow that attacked us today.” she replied cooly.

“Found anything yet?” I asked.

“Nope, not yet.” she replied.

“Anything you need?” I asked her.

“Not now, at least. I’ll get you if I do.” she replied.

I wrapped one arm around her. “Are you sure everything’s okay?” She sighed.

“I just don’t want this to happen to any others.” 

“I know. Don’t worry, if any more attacks happen, we’re going to notify someone.” I replied, smiling at her.

“Keep looking on the bright side. I know you’ll find your way. I’ll be going now.” I waved, and left.

The next person was Magka. I’m going in order of rooms, so don’t give me heck about how I’m ignoring Jack because I looooove him or whatever.

I knocked on the door. “Come on in.” Magka replied.

I opened the door to see Magka eating a sandwich. “Where’d you get the sandwich?” I asked. 

“I always carry around a sandwich in my purse. You know, for emergencies.” she replied.