Chapter 5: The Healing Center, The Crystal, and the Spiders

When I woke up, there was a blood bag attached to my arm and a bandage wrapped around my forehead. I tried to sit up, and then I felt a migraine. 

Turns out they had not loaded me with painkillers.

They had given me a Tylenol after I realized that you should not sit up when you have blood being forced into your arm and a bandage on your head. 

Ow.

Adult logic is weird.

After an hour or so, a girl came in. My friend, I guess.

Her name’s Krystal, and she’s a Year 4, but I think she’s nice.  

“Hey.”

“Hey.” 

“You okay?”

I groaned. “Does it look like it?”

“How did this happen?” 

“I pissed off Alexa. Her minions tried to kill me.”

“Oh.”

Silence. 

“Are you gonna get out anytime soon?”

“Hopefully, they’ll let me off next period, so I can beat the hot air out of Queen LaToya.” I weakly smiled and made little fist motions.

She giggled, then looked at her watch.

“Crap. I gotta go to Gym. Pound the Queen for me, Niri!” Kristal said as she left.

She made my horrible day somewhat meaningful.

I stuck around in the mini ER for the rest of the day while random people came to visit.

I thought a boy came in and started crying.

I brushed it off. Must've been a hallucination.

A few Year 1’s came in as part of the tour, and looked terrified and in awe at the sight of the girl who stood up to

the Alexa LaToya, the one with the mansions and Italian ball gowns and Chanel bags, the one who beat up Year 1’s for getting in her way. 

If you even try to say something bad about the Queen, her Knights will punish you. You’ll be socially isolated.

She’ll make it so teachers can make fun of you-to your face-in class.

You’ll dwindle into a psychopathic attention-grabbing control freak.

Even the Year 1’s, the tiny little 7 year olds, know that Alexa is the boss.

They admire her for her beauty, popularity, and leadership.

I’ll have to tell you the cycle in the near future, but I have to tell you what I did first.

Once I got out of the Healing Center, I went to Alexa’s locker 15 minutes before the bell.

Thanking the stars for the locker vents, I put fake spiders, worms, and beetles in her spick and span locker, knowing her cult will follow her to her locker. 

I hid in the bathroom until the bell rung, where I grabbed my things and retreated once again.

I heard screams and commotion.

I smiled and left the school cooly. 

It’s good to mess with the Queen.