Chapter 97

Gabriel walked into the room, signaling for Arnold Benard to wait outside. 

Arnold Benard hesitated, but saw the look in Gabriel's eyes, and decided to stay outside. 

"Hello, brother." Tom Riddle sneered, bound by magical chains that tied him to a chair. 

"Don't fucking call me that! You're not." Gabriel snarled back. 

"I didn't see this coming, mate. I thought you were...soft. A little boy who could only run to daddy...oh wait...." 

"Daddy's dead." Tom Riddle laughed his cold, hollow laugh. 

Gabriel punched Tom Riddle across the face and drew fresh blood. 

"This one is for mum."

He punched again. 

"This one is for Marvolo."

And again. 

"This one is for her."

Gabriel kicked him in the stomach, hard. 

"And this one is just because I can." 

Tom Riddle still smiled at him, teeth stained with blood, a sight that Gabriel will never forget. 

"What are you gonna do, brother, kill me?" Tom Riddle asked.  

Gabriel laughed. "I just might, asshole."

"You wouldn't." Tom Riddle said. "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me, bitch. I can do whatever the fuck I want. You're powerless now."

Tom Riddle laughed again, blooding dripping through his teeth. "You can kill me, but you'll never kill the memory of me. She'll always love me, and she'll always hate you."

That line hit a sore spot in Gabriel, and he stood there, clenching his fists.

"You're uncomfortable, aren't you, little brother? Because you love her. You'll never have her, mate. She will always, always be mine." 

Gabriel hits him again, this time knocking out a tooth. 

"Hit me again, bastard! You've already lost, acknowledge that."  Tom Riddle yelled. "You've lost everything...why? Because I took it away from you. Mommy, daddy, Abigail Wool? With the snap of my fingers, they'll all leave you, one way or another. You're fucking pathetic, weak, useless...and you'll never have what you want the most."

"SAY THAT AGAIN? I-"

"I will, brother. I'm going to say it as many times as I want to."

"Crucio!" Gabriel yelled, pointing the wand directly at Tom Riddle. He had never used or even thought of using such a curse before...but Tom Riddle was pushing him to his limits.   

Tom Riddle's body writhed in pain, yet he laughed. He laughed his bloody laugh that chilled Gabriel to the core. 

"You'll never get me, you FUCKING BASTARD!" Tom Riddle screamed.  

After the pain ended, Gabriel could only see the scarily stormy dark eyes that stared up at him. 

"What now? What else do you have planned?" Tom Riddle asked. "I can't wait to see what else Gryffindor pretty boy has up his sleeve."  

"I'm going to kill you." Gabriel said. Before, he had doubts. Hell, he didn't want to do it. He could not stomach the thought of her hating him...yet, the anger that Tom Riddle stirred in him was a flame that even he himself could not contain.