Chapter 66

He signaled for her to meet him. 

"What do you want from me?" She asked, trying to keep her tone neutral. 

He smiles. "Darling, there are a lot of things I want from you." 

She shakes her head. 

"Please. Just leave me be. Stop trying to get inside my head."

"Oh?" he raised an eyebrow and took a step closer. "So I'm inside your head?"

She turned away as he placed a finder under her chin. This touch that graced her dreams and nightmares alike was at once so strange yet familiar to her. 

"Don't even try to deny it, Abi. You need me." he whispered. 

"But you don't need me anymore." She said sadly. "You got what you wanted, didn't you? You have your revenge now. I'm just a broken tool now." 

"Thats not true. Not even close." He said, their faces now very, very close. When he talked, she could feel his lips gently brush against hers. 

"I was just a pawn in your game." She whispered. "What more do you want from me?" 

"The game isn't finished, baby. Finish it for me, won't you?" 

She pulled away, tears streaming down her face. 

"Even now, you still want to use me, Tom Riddle. What am I to you? Did you ever-" She stopped, her voiced breaking before she could finish the sentence. She waited for a sweet lie, knowing that he would give her one.

With his thumb, he brushed a tear from the corner of her eye. "I don't want to see you cry." 

She shook her head. "Leave me be. You've done enough." 

"You're so sad, Abi. Stop beating yourself up for something that was never your fault. Let it go." 

"I'm not like you, Tom Riddle. I can't take innocent lives and not even blink an eye." She whispered. Once upon a time, she thought that he felt remorse for all he has done. Myrtle's death, and many more nameless faces in his pursuit of dark magic, wealth, and revenge. 

But she realized how terribly wrong she was. He never even batted an eye. Never lost a minute of sleep. To him, his victims were nothing but dust and ashes, faceless bodies to torture, to kill. 

She hoped each and every day that he had a heart, but alas, she was wrong. 

"And that is why I love you." He said, pulling her closer despite her protests. In his strong arms, however cold, she was weak. He places a finger up to her face and traced over her lip. 

"You don't love me. You're not capable of love."  

He pressed his lips on top of hers and forced his tongue inside, exploring her mouth, making her melt underneath his touch. He grabbed her thigh and ran his hands up it, feeling her soft skin underneath her skirt.  

She gasped. 

He pushed her further, one hand digging into her thin waist, the other traveling higher and higher up. 

She pushed him off. 

"You don't get it, do you? You know what I want from you, Tom. You know, but you'll never give it to me. Because you don't have it...I've given you the best years of my life and everything I have... Tom Riddle. What have you given me?" She cried.    

Pain. Betrayal. Hatred. 

But at the same time...he gave her a brand new world. He was her whole world.