Chapter 33

It was always you. Always.

.................................................................

Abigail woke up to the sound of Cassie's squeal. 

"GABRIEL DELACRIOUX INVITED YOU TO A PARTY! GABRIEL! Oh Merlin!" Cassie cried, shaking Abigail's shoulders. 

Abigail rubbed her eyes. They hurt. 

"Tell me everything! Everything! So....how did he come up? What did he say? What did he do? Oh! spare no detail, Abi." 

"Well...um. Ok then." She smiled, seeing her friend's excitement. " I was just sitting by the fire doing my potions paper and he came by and invited me to go to Peter Lin's party." 

"Just sitting by the fire? Potions Paper? Oh! I should sit by the fire more often then! Next time, take me! Did you forget about me? How could you! Oh I hate you, Abi But go on. What did he say? How did he look? What did he do?" 

"There probably won't be a next time. But it was fun. I guess I got to forget....for a moment. There was a lot of people. Gabriel was really nice." Abigail told her earnestly. It was true. Abigail felt Gabriel's warmth radiate. He had made so much effort to cheer her up. What was it to Gabriel Delacrioux that she was happy? But he tried regardless. 

Cassie squealed again, urging Abigail to tell more. Penny was awoken, and rolled her eyes into the back of her head.  

............................................... 

Gabriel woke up with a banging headache. He didn't even drink that much last night, but he was so tired. But he felt a funny warmth in his stomach, a strange kind of happiness. 

He felt her hands in his dreams. He was holding them. There were bruises and scars on her small, delicate hands. And he kissed each one. 

In her eyes under the starlight, he saw a new world. Her eyes were so clear, so innocent, so brilliant. Everything was beautiful to her and about her. She had a keen, clean facsination about the world, and it intrigued him utterly. 

There were stars in her eyes. 

He shook his head and smiled. It was a funny feeling. 

.................................................. 

"Hey Wool!" Gabriel yelled across the hall. Peopled turned and stared. There were whispers. 

Wasn't she with Tom Riddle? What happened? And now she was close to his great rival, Gabriel Delcrioux?  

They shook their heads. She was probably one of those girls. they thought that after being discarded by Tom Riddle, she went to Gabriel. But they hoped she would fail. They laughed that neither of them would stay with her. They gossiped. They slandered. They made innocent gestures into cruel jests. 

"Cap!" She smiled. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, walking next to her. 

"Charms. You?" 

"Eh. I have potions next but I'd rather be at three broomsticks. Wanna come?" 

"Not again. You're a terrible influence. I'll tell headmaster dipped you're corrupting the Gryffindor seeker." She laughed.  

"Me? A terrible influence? Come on! The Slytherins have got to be worse, right? they dabble in some weird shit, that crowd. You'll catch them-Oh never mind. Sore subject, I remember." 

"Its okay." She said softly. She was getting adjusted to his company, his blunt manner. "Thanks for last night, by the way. Thank you for taking me. I haven't had that much fun...in a long time." 

He ran his fingers through his hair and smiled. "I'll take you again if you want. You like parties? I know plenty of them."  

"I don't like parties I just-" 

"You just like me? I'm very flattered, Wool." 

"Shut up! thats not what I meant. I just meant that I had a really great time. Thanks for helping me out." 

"Helping? Who was helping you? You're not a charity case, Wool."  

He looked at her, and shook his head gently. 

"Thank you." She said quietly.  

"Theres nothing to thank. We have practice at 5, by the way. Better show up on time." 

"Yes captain." She said, doing a salute. 

"Now that's the kind of attitude I like." 

....................................................................... 

Tom Riddle smoked a cigarette in between the white bedsheets. The air smelled like Emilie's sweet perfume and the bitter smoke of his cigarette. 

She laid her head on his shoulder. He moved away. She looks at him, pouting. 

"Tommy." She whispered, coming closer to him, placing her hands on his toned chest. 

But his mind was elsewhere. He thought of the Pensive again. His past. His present. His future. He smiled a bitter smile. How ironic it all was. 

He was a prince after all. But a dark one, an abandoned one. He laughs a hollow laugh. She was puzzled.

"What's so funny?" She asked. 

He shook his head, placing a finger to his lips, telling her to shut the hell up and let him think quietly. 

She was a little stung by his harsh gesture, but she still held on to him. She kissed his shoulder. His chest. His belly-button. She hoped she could gain some affection in return. 

He thought of Abigail and Gabriel. He laughs again. Ironic. 

Emilie presses her lips against his. He lets her this time. He slides his tongue over her lips and feels her smooth teeth. He bites her lips until he felt the metallic taste of blood on his tongue. 

A quiet sound escaped her throat.  

"Tommy." She whispered again. Tom lets go of her, and sits up. 

"Where are you going?" She asked, grabbing his wrist. 

"Nowhere. And everywhere." 

"What?" 

He shakes his head at her stupidity. 

"Do you love me, Emilie?" He asks her. 

"Of course! Tommy, you're everything-" 

He cuts her off with another empty, hollow laugh. Then he gets up and leaves. She called his name again and again, but he never turned back. He had decided that this affair was over, and that she annoyed him utterly.