Chapter Twenty-Three

Lily had to explain to her grandmother again what was going on with her grandfather. 

"Mrs. Sanchez, you can see him if you want to, but I suggest for you to go home because you need some rest too."

"We understand, thank you doctor. Did you hear that grandmother? The doctor wants you to take some rest also."

"I heard him Lily."

"Doctor, will my husband be okay, even after all these?"

"I can't tell you he will be good as new, but we will see how he does."

Amber just smiled slightly at the doctor, then asks to be taken to where her husband is. When they reach his room, Amber started to cry as she grabs for Russell's hand.

"Russell, my love. Please wait for me patiently. Where ever you right now, please wait for me."

Lily couldn't help but cry. She thought about the story that her grandmother just told her and it made her want to reach out to her husband, but not this minute, her grandma needs her right now.

"Grandmother, look at grandfather, he seems as if nothing has happened. He looks so peaceful in his sleep."

"I think your grandfather is talking to God and asking Him to take me along with him."

"I'm not ready to lose you, grandmother."

"I'm not leaving your grandfather, this time. I promise before, where ever he goes, I go."

"Grandmother, you're scaring me. Please do not say those words."

"I am old, and weak also. Your grandfather just decided to lead the way for me."

Amber tries to move closer to Russell, so that she can kiss him on his lips, and Lily came to guide her. After she kissed his lips, she said something.

"It's okay, If you go now, I won't take too long."

Right, after what she said, Russell's heart monitor starts to go flat line. Lily's eyes widen and yells for the nurse.

"NURSE."

"NURSE."

All of a sudden, all the nurses came down to the room and starts to do a CPR, the doctor also came in a hurry. They shocked him three times, but they couldn't revive him this time.

"Mrs. Sanchez, we are so sorry about your husband. We tried everything we could, but his heart finally gave in."

"He's waiting for me."

"I'm sorry doctor, she is just upset."

"It's okay, we understand. You need to let her have her rest."

"Yes, doctor."

After they arranged the wake and the funeral, they went home. Amber is very tired and weak at this moment. She could barely eat, and Lily helps her sit down in her favorite rocking chair and closed her eyes. She asks Lily to play her favorite songs and Lily did.

Meanwhile, Lily grabs the opportunity to call her husband and he picks up her call. She made amends with him and asks if he can come for her grandfather's wake and funeral, so he said yes. The only child of Amber and Russel came after being out of the country. Most of their family will come in the wake and funeral to give condolences. 

After Lily washes up the dishes, she thought not to wake up her grandmother sound asleep in her rocking chair, so she went on to sleep in her bedroom.

The next morning, Lily get's up and goes to the living room. There is something about her grandmother's look made her feel uneasy. She looked pale and as soon as she touches her, she is ice cold. She couldn't believe what just happened and phones the emergency team for help.

When they arrived, they pronounced her dead and Lily burst into tears. 

"Grandmother!"

One of them hold on to her while they grab her body. 

"I'm sorry, but I think she went to sleep and never wake up."

"Didn't we just brought her husband yesterday at the hospital?"

"Yes, but he is dead now."

"I pray for both of their souls wherever they are at now."

 Instead of having one coffin, there were two coffins. They were buried next to each other, along side Eric's tomb. 

The end.