Chapter Seventeen

Russell decides to go home after seeing Amber with another man. He is definitely hurt after seeing Amber kissed another man. He sat on the sofa in the living room with his hands firmly close together, as soon as he looks up, Amber opens the door. Amber jumps at the sight of him. She was not expecting to see Russell this early. Russell greets Amber.

"Surprised to see me?"

"I thought you weren't supposed to be home till this evening."

"My work got done early. Aren't you glad I'm home?"

"I am, but I have to get ready for work."

"Yeah, by the way... Why are you late opening your store this morning?"

"I had to do something first."

Russell knew Amber is lying, he get's up from the sofa and walk towards her and holds her hands.

"Amber, do you love me?" 

"I'm running late." Amber says while trying to take her hands off from Russell.

"I saw you... With a man."

Amber freeze from where she's standing. She did not know how to respond to Russell this time.

"How long have you been cheating on me?"

Asks Russell trying not to show the pain he's feeling in his heart, but his tears start to fall down along his face.

"I don't want to talk about that now."

"How could you possibly ignore how I feel?"

"How about how I feel?"

"You're cheating on me Amber. How does that make you feel?"

"You only think of your job. I'm second to your job, that's what's wrong."

"You're blaming my job now? You married me before I become like this remember?"

"You promised to be there for me, but are you always there?"

"Have I not provided you and support you with everything in life? Tell me."

"Money is not the only thing that can make me happy Russell. I have feelings too."

"And I don't?"

"I want a divorce."

Russell thought his world turned upside down the moment he heard Amber said the word "Divorce." He bends on his knees for forgiveness and hangs on to her waist, crying.

"Amber please, I can change. Just give me time."

"Time? I spend six years with you and you want more time?"

"What must I do to change everything what it was from before?"

Amber starts to walk while Russell is still hanging on to her waist, but Amber ignored him this time. He followed her in their bedroom, there he sees her packing up with her suitcase. Russell tries to put up a fight trying to stop Amber from leaving him. He grabs her suitcase and throws it back to the closet. Amber takes it back and Russell put his arms around Amber begging.

"Please Amber, don't leave me and I love you, I love you so much. This is hurting me."

Amber continues to put everything back in her suitcase. Just as when she was about to close her suitcase, Russell faced her towards him and kisses her passionately. Amber tries to get away from Russells kiss, then when she can't get his hands off, she slaps him on his face. 

"Don't you understand what's going on here?" Amber asks him furiously.

"Please Amber, I'm begging you and I just can't stand to live without you. Why are you doing this to me?"