Chapter Six

Russell woke up early this time. He sat beside the bed and stretches. She looks at his wife still sound asleep. He decided to let her sleep while he goes to the kitchen and brews some coffee. She wanted to make something special for his wife, but he can't cook. So, he decided to get a box of pancake and see if he can follow the instructions at the back of it. 

He grabs some eggs, a bottle of milk, and a stick of butter. He looks around inside the cabinet for a bowl, enough to mix the pancake mix. He starts to mix all the ingredients and tries to figure how to turn on the gas stove.

"Now how do I turn this on?" Russell asks himself, confuse which button to use.

He did not realize Amber watching him and smiling.

"Do you need any help?"

Russell jumps out of the blue by Amber's presence.

"You scared me there for a bit."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. You look so serious looking at the gas stove."

"Yeah. By the way, how do you turn on these things?"

"Here, let me show you."

Russell then patiently observes how his wife able to turn on the gas stove like a pro.

"Ah, I see. How is it again?"

Russell starts to laugh because for the first time in his life, he does not know what to do. Unlike when he's at work, he can sense right away what's wrong with his patients.

"For real?"

"You did it too fast. This is my first time."

Amber then chuckles and tells her husband to just take a sit and watch her.

"This is humiliating. I woke up early so I could make breakfast for you and here you are doing it, instead of me." Says Russell while pouting his lips.

"You're like a kid."

"I'm your baby."

Suddenly Ambers thought change after Russell mentions the word "Baby." She stayed quiet, but kept herself busy cooking; so Russell won't notice her reaction.

"By the way, before I forget; are you feeling much better? You almost fell to the floor last night." Asks Russell with concern.

"I'm feeling much better, thank you."

"I'm so glad. You got me worried there for  a bit."

By the time she got done cooking the pancakes, her stomach starts to feel queasy. She held onto it, and felt nauseous. Russell notices her right away and guided her to the bedroom, in the bed.

"Did you eat something unusual last night?"

Amber had a hunch of what's happening. She suddenly asks Russell.

"Do you think I'm pregnant?"

Russell, let's out a sigh and think. He faces towards Amber and asks.

"Did you miss your period?"

Amber runs her thoughts to see when was the last time she had her period.

"I suppose to be having my period a week ago."

He lets out a sigh again and advise his wife to see a doctor. 

"I think you should see a doctor. I can take you with me at work tomorrow."

He smiles to Amber afterwards and kisses her on her forehead. Amber smiles back happily. She couldn't wait to tell Judy about what she thinks she might be. She gives her a call and asks to see if she had the same feeling when she found out she's pregnant with Jacob.