Chapter Sixteen

Patrick thought he saw Amber's car. 

"I could've sworn that Amber's car. But what's it doing in that house at this time?"

Patrick drives home and greeted his family as soon as he walks inside the house.

"Judy, hon? I'm home."

"Hey dad." Says Jacob to Patrick.

"Hey. Where's your mom?"

"Upstairs dad, in your bedroom."

"You're still up?"

"I'm going to get a drink dad."

"Oh, okay. Do you need my help with that? You need to go to sleep early tonight. School day tomorrow."

"Mom poured it for me. I just need to drink it."

Patrick just raised one of his eyebrows and shakes his head. He started to head upstairs to see Judy. She was folding some clothes on the bed.

"Hey wife."

"You just got home?"

"I don't know why they did the meeting on a Sunday. I don't like it."

"It's okay, we're fine."

"I'm not. I wanted to be home with you guys."

Judy smiled secretly to herself. For her it's a good thing that Patrick is out sometimes, because he annoys her at times.

"By the way, I thought I saw Amber's car getting into someone's driveway."

"Are you being a stalker?"

"Absolutely not and I was already on my way here. I could've sworn it's Amber's car."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, I don't know anyone who drives a car like hers. Not everyone in this neighborhood has a surgeon for a husband."

"Which house?"

"It's the guy. I can't think of his name."

"I thought he left."

"Well, maybe he is back. But why would Amber go there at this time?"

"Well, you've only seen the car not Amber."

"Yeah. You're right."

"Anyway, I'm going to put these clothes away. Let me know if you want something."

"I want you." Teases Patrick.

"I'm tired not tonight."

Patrick just makes a sad face and goes straight to the bathroom to freshen up. Judy blinks at him sweetly. Judy, on the other hand plans to call Amber and see if Patrick is mistaken. She knows her friend will always tell her if something is bothering her. She likes Russell for Amber, even though how much he's busy. Russell never failed to provide and support Amber in anything, except having a child.

Meanwhile, at Eric's house. Amber rings the doorbell and he let her inside the house.

"Hey."

"Hi. Sorry I took long."

"Don't worry." Replies Eric while he wraps his arms on Amber.

"Did you miss me?" Asks Amber.

"Yes." 

They kiss each other in the living room. Eric carries her to the sofa and sits down, while holding Amber.

"How much do you miss me?"