Chapter 12

♡ chapter 12 ♡

            There was a school assembly later on that day. I had found Jacob, Ivette, and Estella all sitting together in the sixth row from the front. After squeezing past multiple people already seated, I took the place open next to Jacob and noticed the extra seat right beside me.

            "Saved it for Harry," Jacob said without looking at me. "Figured we could all have a break from school and drool over him."

            I smiled, rolling my eyes before situating my bag on the floor between my legs. The two boys in front of us were seniors, but I didn't really recognize them. They weren't popular or well-known like Harry and his friends, and they looked a little geeky. Not judging considering I myself am quite geeky, so I tried to ignore their loud laughter.

            Ivette was chatting with Estella on fashion, a kind of talk I didn't really follow. If I was comfortable, then I had good clothes. I didn't understand what the point of paying an arm and a leg for a shirt was. You're not going to fit into it for long, so why waste so much money on something temporary?

            Harry walked through the cafeteria doors a moment later. He leaned against the wall, folding his beautifully toned arms across his chest, licking his lips before pulling his bottom one between his teeth. Jacob sighed dreamily beside me. Harry could literally capture an entire room's attention without him even realizing the affect he has on people. It's truly baffling how perfect he is.

            "Wave him over," Ivette said as she looked at me from across Jacob.

            My cheeks flushed. "I'm not going to yell across the room, Ivette."

            Estella chuckled. "Don't worry, Grace. Harry isn't the type to judge."

            "Oh for God's sake," Jacob grumbled, standing. He cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify his voice as he yelled, "Hey, Harry! Over here!"

            I shrank down in the seat as multiple heads turned, including the beauty himself. He raked a hand through his curls before pushing himself off the wall and heading over. I scowled at Jacob, slapping his shoulder but he merely brushed me off with a simple "you're welcome." Mentally, I was thanking him for doing what I didn't have the guts to do. However, physically my cheeks were betraying me.

            Harry slid over to us, taking the seat beside me. "Thanks for saving me a seat," he said.

            "Oh um, yeah." I mustered the best smile I could—curse my awkwardness.

            Estella leaned over to see Harry. "Hey, are you going to Mike's party this Friday? He said it's going to be his best yet."

            Harry pursed his lips, shrugged. "Not sure. I may have things going on."

            I wringed my hands together, trying to picture myself in a scenario at a party. Yes, it's true I've never been to one. No, I'm not ashamed of that. I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't party. It would be odd to be placed in such a situation, and even the thought is quite uncomfortable to me.

            The two kids in front of us belted out in laughter, one of their chairs scooting backwards and knocking into Jacob's knees.

            "Hey, my body is right here, asshole!" Jacob shouted, narrowing his eyes at him.

            The kid turned around, rolled his eyes. "There's other seats."

            "Yeah, so go find one."