Chapter 2

*DRAWING OF HARRY ON SIDE, NO I DID NOT DO IT BECAUSE I'M UNTALENTED. BUT IT'S PRETTY GOOD, SO PROPS TO WHOEVER DID IT (it's gonna be mentioned in this chapter)*

♡ chapter 2 ♡

            Are you still coming to my house this Friday for movie night?" Ivette asked as the bell rang, signaling lunch.

            "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I frowned, raising my eyebrows at her as we moved out of the classroom.

            Ivette shrugged, popping in a piece of gum in her mouth. "I don't know. Jacob just wanted me to make sure you were still good with movie night. I'll have the usual junk food, you know that."

            I smiled. "Where there's junk food, there's Grace."

            Ivette laughed. "That's what I thought. He's just been so paranoid with his parents and everything. It's honestly a mess." She sighed.

            My lips pursed as I stopped, turning to face her. "What's going on with his parents? They aren't trying to kick him out again, are they?"

            "I'm not sure," Ivette said as she crossed her arms, her face dulling. "They've been arguing a lot, apparently, and Jacob doesn't know why. But of course, he thinks he's the problem for the World Wars, so this just has to be about him," she muttered sarcastically before releasing a heavy sigh.

            I grimaced. "Poor Jacob. That really sucks. But yeah, I'm still in for movie night. But you better tell him I'm pissed because he told you and not me."

            Ivette smirked. "Guess I'm just a better person."

            Rolling my eyes, I barked out a sardonic laugh. "Ha, ha, aren't you hilarious?"

            "I try," she said with a shrug, then shot me a wink. "I'll save you a seat in the cafeteria, but you take way too long and I'm starving."

            "Sorry to keep Her Highness waiting."

            "Yeah, you better be or I'll have you sent down to the dungeon to rot."

            "My poor sadistic life."

            Ivette laughed. "All right, hurry up. You better be there in five minutes or I'm letting Pimple Parker have your seat."

            My lips curled up in distaste. "Okay, okay, I'll hurry. Just keep my seat pimple free, please?"

            "No promises." Ivette blew me a kiss as she walked out the door, and I found myself grinning at how incredible best friends can be. I'm lucky she puts up with me.

            Decoding my locker combination, I pulled it open to shove my books away. Movement came from the corner of my eyes, and I glanced only to have my breath get caught in my throat, nearly making me choke to death. Harry was at his locker on the other end of the hall, swapping whatever it is he needed. My eyes wavered a bit at how freaking flawless he was, but I finally gained my composure and looked back to my own task at hand.

            Before I could grab my lunch bag, the hallway door violently swung open and jerked my attention straight to it. Muttering profanities under my breath at the sight of Chase Arlington entering the hallway, I fumbled in my flustered state to grab my lunch and run. I slammed my locker door closed, nearly getting my fingers in the process, and then started to jog the other way.