Chapter 19

"Come on, I'm really begging here, son... take Keegan to Canada, he's gonna study there and everything. I mean, it's not like he's gonna be alone. You guys are coming, too. I'm really beg---"

"Dad! I told you already, I'm not gonna live there. I've lived there my whole life, and let's be true... that place is getting more boring everytime I step in the house."

"I'm really begging here, live with us. This is my first grandchild and I wanna watch him grow, I wanna watch him make his first step and hear his first word... I wasn't there when these things happened to you guys, and I wanna be there for my grandson, please."

Vice groaned. "Dad! You will naman e!"

"How? You're gonna call me while he's trying to walk? Flight takes about 16 hours and from the airport and to your house, it's almost an hour without traffic. So, tell me... how am I gonna be able to be here for him?"

"I don't know... in spirit?"

"Gago! Buhay pa ako! Why are you killing me? The heck is wrong with you? In spirit..." Richard scoffed. "...my ass---"

"Dad, can we just please drop this conver---"

Agad naputol ang usupan nilang mag-ama when Georgina cleared her throat trying to get their attention. She walked towards them and asked what was going on, she already knew the answer, but wanted to see if they're gonna tell her. Both Richard and Vice sighed deeply as they look away from each other.

"You two are being so childish, alam niyo ba yun? This day's supposed to be special, especially for Keegan! You guys are ruining it for him, and dad... oh God, please stop telling Vice what to do with his son. I know you weren't there while we're growing up, pero nandun ka naman sa mga special days namin... our graduation, you were there. Vice's senior awards night, you were there too and that's enough for us kasi we understand that you needed to work. You might not be there for Keegan's first steps, or words... but you're gonna be there naman for his special days and pretty sure he'll feel special, and loved."

"Tama." Vice said in agreement.

"Shut up!" Sabi niya kay Vice. "I'm not done yet! I hope you consider naman ang plans ni dad, it's for Keegan's sake naman e, di ba? Anong masama kung gusto ni dad na makasama ang first apo niya? Wala naman, di ba? Vice, we want to be with Keegan, too pero we can't because there's an ocean seperating us! We're happy for you, we are..." She said and took a deep breath. "Pero don't be fucking selfish!" Sigaw nito na ikinagulat nilang mag-ama.

"Ate..." Vice said trying to calm her sister down.

"Shut up! Don't talk to me!" Sambit nito at tumakbo palayo sa mag-ama.

Vice looked at his dad as if he's telling him to chase her, Richard looked back and cleared his throat. "Problema niyong mag-kapatid yan. Labas ako diyan."

"Wow, thanks for the help, dad."

"Love you, too." Richard said as he walk away from Vice. Napa-groan ang binata sa sagot ng kanyang ama.

~

February 14, 2015

It's been a month since Keegan got home, parehong hindi pa pumapasok ang mag-asawa sa kanilang trabaho dahil sa dalawang dahilan: nag-hahanap sila ng nanny for Keegan at nag-reready silang pareho para sa date nila since Valentines day. Bago pa man maka-alis ng bahay ang mag-asawa ay walang tigil sa iyak si Keegan, to the point na ayaw ng iwan ni Karylle ang anak.

"Huwag na nating ituloy ang date, dito nalang muna tayo sakanya... please?" Pag-mamakaawa ni Karylle, umiiyak pa din kasi si Keegan. "Tignan mo siya, he doesn't want us to leave."