Chapter 15

Richard grinned and looked Vice straight in the eyes. "I bought a house, and I want you and Karylle to live there... build a family. Stay here, son." He said, nagulat naman si Vice sa sinabi ng kanyang ama.

"What? No! We will be living in the Philippines... we both work there, dad. I want my kid to grow up there as well." Vice said.

"I tried." Richard said and shrugged his shoulders, he sighed. "I tried to be a dad to you, but you just won't let me."

"So the house you bought is peace offering? I'm sorry, but I won't take it. Maganda ang buhay namin back there, so don't destroy it. We're happy, and we don't need your pity. Plus I know you're only doing this to make yourself look good... stop it."

"No, I'm doing this because you're my son and it's my responsibility to take care of you! I know we got off the wrong foot, but please? Give me a chance to make it right to you."

Vice sighed. "Is it true? Is it true that you looked or me when I went back to the Philippines?" He asked.

"Yes, it's true and if you're wondering, we're still giving you your mom's company. We built it for you anyway, you used to love chocolate. Remember when you were ten years old and you would always ask me where the chocolates are, we keep stocks of them 'cause you love chocolates. We still do, they're still in your shelf..." Richard tapped Vice's shoulder. "Forgive me for not being a great father to you these past years." He said and left.

Vice chuckled and watched his dad walked away from him. "You haven't changed, dad." He said and headed to where Karylle is, sa table nila.

"Here, open your mouth." Sabi ni Karylle kay Vice. Agad namang ginawa iyon ng asawa, at sinubo ni Karylle kay Vice ang piece ng chicken na nasa fork niya. "Sarap, di ba?" She asked.

"Yes, masarap siya." Sabi ni Vice na naka-ngiting aso. "Nga pala, dad bought us a house, and he wants us to stay here till Junior Vice comes out. But I told him that we can't kasi may work tayong pareho back in the Philippines." He said, almost a whisper.

"Okay lang saakin that we stay here. I'm actually enjoying it here, pero I'd have to tell mom and my sisters." She said while drinking her water. "As long as you're with me, we can live everywhere." Sabi nito, kinilig naman si Vice sa sinabi niya.

Vice smirked. "Gusto ko sa Philippines lumabas si Junior Vice... ayokong ma-white wash yung bata. We tend to speak English pa naman, lalo na yung bestfriend mong mahilig sa mga kangaroos."

"Bestfriend kong mahilig sa mga kangaroos?" Nag-tatakang tanong ni Karylle.

"Oo, si Anne... sino pa ba bestfriend mo? Isn't she Australian? Madaming kangaroos dun, di ba?"

Napa-chuckle naman slightly si Karylle habang umiiling. "Ang corny mo babe."

"Corny pero natawa ka." He said while drinking water. "Mas corny yung ex mo. Ang liit na tao, ang taas ng pride, sobrang yabang ba."

"Selos ka lang e, kasi kahit maliit yun mataas ang confidence niya. Not like you, you chickened out after that night."

"Wait, I chickened out? Okay first of all, I didn't. Second, I was offended. You basically stepped on my manhood when you told me to forget about that night, but I didn't 'cause I'm man enough to take responsibilities and I promised God that I will love you for better or for worse."

"What the heck are you guys arguing about?" Tanong ni Kean na kadadating lang sa table nila, kumuha kasi siya ng pag-kain at dahil matakaw din siya like Vice, tatlong plato ng mga masasarap na pag-kain ang kinuha niya.

"Hindi kami nag-aargue, mahal ko kaya 'to." Sabi ni Vice at umakbay sa asawa. "Sobrang mahal ko 'to." Sabi niya at humalik na sa cheeks ng asawa.

"Corny ka pa din." Karylle said at hinampas slightly ang chest ni Vice. "Anyway, are you two performing later?"