chapter 8

"Oh there you are Sammy!" Vanessa exclaimed. She found Samantha sitting outside crying. She sat down next to her, she tried to make her feel better.

               "You okay?" Vanessa asked caring.

"No, not really." Samantha said, while slowly wiping away her tears. "Did they say anything when I left?" 

"Well they called you a baby and said that I was your mommy and stuff." Vanessa said.

"And what did you do?" Samantha asked.

"I just ignored them, then I went all over the school looking for you." Vanessa said.

"Really!?" Samantha's face brightened.

"Of course! Anything for you." Vanessa said smiling.  "Come on let's go to Ms. Steel's class."

"Okay. Thanks for everything." Samantha said.

                They went to Ms. Steel's class, they chatted until the bell rung. When the bell ring they said goodbye and went to class. Samantha went to all her classes, but apparently they didn't have to do anything. The teachers all said that they will do silent reading. The teachers all had a a sign up sheet for something. Samantha overheard Ms. Steel talking to someone about that. She was happy for this, because she had this book that she wanted to read for like almost a year. She found it yesterday in her attic. She carried it to school hoping she would get to read it at lunch.

                   She went to all her classes, because of the teachers letting them do silent reading Samantha got to read out half of the book before school was over. When she was walking home, she saw three boys and three girls. They looked mad, Samantha started running. She turned back and saw them running after her. She ran all the way home, she heard one of the girls say to her, "You got lucky! We ain't through with this yet." Luckily it was Friday and they had a four week holiday.

                          She went into her house, "Hey mom." she said.

"Hi sweetheart, how was school?" her mother asked.

"It was good, we did silent reading all day for some reason." Samantha replied.

"Oh, well at least you got to read the book you were dying to read." her mom said.

"Yeah, I know." she replied.

"Oh, by the way your phone was beeping all day. I think you got a message." her mom said.

"Okay, I'll go check." Samantha said.

                       Samantha went into her room, locked the door and checked her phone. She saw it was from Vanessa, it said "Hey Sammy, ure probably not home now. But I wanted 2 tell u something. When u get this message call me please." Samantha left the phone on her bed and went into the bathroom. She turned her radio on and took a shower. She heard on the radio that school was all schools in Oklahoma would be shut down for one month. Samantha was so happy, she was literally jumping with joy! 

                        She called Vanessa after she was done, they chatted a bit. Then Samantha asked what Vanessa wanted to tell her. Vanessa said, "Oh I wanted to ask you if you were ever going to tell someone about the bullying?"

"No! I don't want to, I'll be bullied more. Anyway what can the school do? They won't see me every where I go." Samantha said.

"Well it's up to you, I gotta go now. Bye!" Vanessa said. "Bye!" Samantha replied.