chapter 9

Samantha woke up around six o'clock this morning thinking, "One month to stay home, too short, too long, I don't  know. Will I miss her, will I not, will she miss me, will she not?" These thoughts were going through her head all morning, these thoughts were about Vanessa. To her, it was like having Christmas always. On Christmas it's so warm, Samantha would snuggle with her favorite teddy bear and blanket from when she was little. Her mother would make her some hot choco while she was there. Samantha's favorite day of the year was Christmas. Christmas was 3 months away! Samantha was counting down since December 26th. That was how much she liked it.

                       She didn't like it for the gifts, she loved it because her family would come over, her parents would cook nice food and santa cookies. Everyone had fun. "Well exactly 3 months to go for Christmas! I wonder if Vanessa would come?" Samantha thought. Samantha got out of bed, brushed her teath then went out in the living room. She saw a note on the table, "Samantha your dad and I are going to be late coming home today. You have no chores, but just tidy up the house a bit please. 

Breakfast- just eat cerial

Lunch- just order a pizza

Dinner- fridge

~Mom" This was what the note had said. Samantha called her mother to ask if Vanessa could come over, her mother said yes. So she called Vanessa and asked her. After about 15 minutes Vanessa arrived. Samantha and Vanessa played some games, then they watched T.V. After that they ate lunch.

"Hey Sammy? I have a question." Nessa said.

"What is it Nessa?" Sammy replied

"I know you're annoyed with me asking but..." Nessa said.

Sammy interupted, "Nessa please, I don't want to tell anyone. It just leads to more trouble, I know what I'm saying. Thank-you for your sympathy, but I'm fine." 

"Are you sure?" Nessa asked.

"Trust me please, I'll be okay." Sammy replied.

"Well then..." Nessa said, sighing.

                                The month had past, Samantha had to go back to school now. She got ready, took a deep breath, then headed off to school. When she went into school, there was an announcement from the principle. The announcement was that everyone had to stay in the auditorium for the entire day, due to the fact teacher that some teachers were needed. Some children got to go to class if their teachers were not busy. Samantha's class stayed, but Vanessa went to her classes. Samantha sat at the back of the auditorium, she took out her phone and listened to music through her earbuds. She got lucky today, no one bothered her.

                               At 4th period all classes came back, Vanessa's class was first. Vanessa saw Sammy sitting all by herself and sat next to her. They chatted for a while, then the principle came again. Samantha noticed a boy standing with him. The principle started his announcement, "This is a new student, he will be joining us today. He doesn't know the neighborhood very well, so someone will have to walk home with him so he would get to know the area." The principle looked through some files he had, "Okay, Samantha from Ms. Steel's class. It seems you live the closest to him, will you please help him? Raise your hand so I know you're here." 

                              Samantha raised her hand, then the principle told the boy to sit next to her. She was sitting in the back still, he went next to her and sat down. "So you two get to know each other!" the principle said.